Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Losing Fat, Gaining Muscle.

Ekscentrix

Alright, here's the thing. I know about losing weight and what not, it's all based on Cardio. What I need right now is some help from the people who've been through it.

I'm 18, 310lbs(+,-), and i'm 6' 6". I've been a Member of L.A.Fitness, and right now I go to Pure Fitness. I want some advice pertaining to how i go about losing FAT, and gaining more muscle. Right now I don't have the money to spend on Supplements, I just need some help making a set schedule, and knowing what it'll take to lose my FAT, and gain some muscle.

I have worked out before, so I have muscle on me, I would guess right now it's about 100lbs of fat or more.

Any help from anyone would be great.

Well, firstly, cardio is soooo fucking overrated it isn't funny. Kinda like people saying you need to cut the fat out of your diet to lose weight. I have even heard a nutritionist say that jellybeans are ok because they are fat-free.

wtf?

Anyways...100 pounds of fat or more...hmmm, well there are several ways to attack this. I will try to be brief, so here we go...

Drug free, focusing on fat-loss with muscle retension: low-carb, working out with weights, and fuck the cardio. Unless you are doing cardio for your health. How many calories does an hour of cardio burn? Not many. And once you stop the cardio, the fat burning stops. Just don't eat those 300 calories. Simple.

OTC supplements: same as above, but with the addtion of the e/c/a stack. ephedrine/caffeine/aspirin. Do some searches for doses and whatnot.

Drugs to aid you: clenbuterol, t3...gear, a test/fina cycle would do you a world of good, and you wouldn't need to do that crappy lowcarb stuff.

Or if you want to say fuck it, I want to lose weight, let's get after it...go for dnp and t3 and giddy-up pahdnah. :)

To reiterate, it's not all based on cardio, it's based on depleting your liver and muscles of glycogen (carbs) forcing your body to preferentially burn fat.

For the absolute best book that you can get for where you are at, is Lyle McDonald's book on Ketogenic Diet.

SWEET ASS REPLY

Awesome response!

I've been researching DNP.

I'm 6'3'' 190 lbs
been back in the gym for about 4 months(took a break that turned into a 2 year layoff:( :(

About to start a cycle of 250/winny.
I want to gain some mass, but I want it to look sweet.

Now for the Q..

DNP.....no cardio,just weights?? sounds to good to be true.
or
DNP ....and Cardio/weights

My body fat is good....except for this home for Budweiser I've worked on the last few years.
Nothing major, but I want to see my abs again, and the veins in my arms again.

Thanks

SlipROCK said:
SWEET ASS REPLY

Awesome response!

Now for the Q..

DNP.....no cardio,just weights?? sounds to good to be true.
or
DNP ....and Cardio/weights

Thanks

First, thanks for the compliments, I really appreciate that.

Now for the A..
If you are doing a high enough dose of dnp the short answer is neither. It zaps you like a mofo. A good tip that I stole from Fonz is to lower your carbs a couple of days before you start, hit the dnp and try to work out the first 2 days on, after that, just hang on. Or, you could go for the longterm solution, and do a low dose dnp (200mg/day) and do a lowdose t3 (25mcg/day) for however long it takes. Maybe throw in an anabolic, or not. Whatever.

For the veins, try winny and eq. I have done winny alone, and I have done winny with eq, and let me tell you, eq can't be beat for the veins.

Tx i agree with you on everything except recomending a highly androgenic cycle to someone as obese. a cycle of test and tren will surely lean him out, but i feel would do alot of harm due to his high fat percentage.
In my opion he should try and get his bodyfat below 15% before running any highly androgenic gear.

Now clen,t-3,eca are all fine

Let me be the first to say that I STRONGLY disagree with you, TxLonghorn, when you state that:

How many calories does an hour of cardio burn? Not many. And once you stop the cardio, the fat burning stops.

Intensive cardio burns a LOT of calories and the furnace DOES continue up to 24 hours AFTER the exercise. Now, the BEST thing to do would be to lift weights AND do cardio on different days or morning/evening, then you would have extra muscle to keep the BMR up through the day end the cardio would give it an extra boost the next 24 hours.

All studies I have read say the same: weights AND cardio! 20 years of cardio and 8 years of weightlifting tell me that they are right!

Please don't take this as a flame, because I usually respect your input as very knowledgable and educating, but on this particular subject you may be influenced by a personal dislike of cardio!?!?

Anyway, when it comes to DNP, T3, Clenbuterol and what have you, I will leave that up to the rest of you to comment, as I haven't enough experience with these compounds yet!

Crom

ccrom, no I certainly don't take this as a flame, but personal experience is not enough to make me change my mind on this. Like I said, if you do cardio for health reasons, fine, but for fatloss, it is for the most part irrelevant.

And the studies I have seen state the opposite for cardio from what you have posted. The effects from anaerobic workouts last for 24-30 hours after cessation from the exercise. The benefits from cardio (aerobic) last all of 5 minutes. The only time I would recommend cardio for fatloss is for females, since I am not female, I can't remember why, just that females need the cardio to burn fat.

Lifting weights has an affect on your metabolism that cardio is sorely lacking. And I think you have this mixed up with cardio, because cardio's effects are very ephemeral.

No, I am not against cardio. And no, I don't think you would see a difference if you stopped the cardio. How can you say that you lift weights and do cardio so you know cardio works? That just doesn't make sense.

Like I said, if you want to do cardio, knock yourself out. But as far as fatloss is concerned, this has been documented as negligible for fatloss.
Oh, serge, I didn't recommend anything to him really, just ran down the options. I am not that familiar with why the fina/test would not be wise for him at his fat level, but I wanted to give him a thorough answer.

I don't think we've tackled this one yet, but what's your diet look like? No offense intended, but to be holding over 30% bf it needs to be either a medical condition or a symptom of a very poor diet. The first thing I'd look at is your caloric intake and what percentage protien, carbs and fats play in your diet.

Why don't you let us take a look at your current diet and we can probably start there....

Top Bottom