Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Looking to add some edge to my metabolism (Newb)

KidnKorner

Hello,

My name is shane and im 30 years old. I have been reading around this site but havent found any useful info for what im looking for. I'm not much into the body building, and I just would like to be lean. Since 1999 I have been driving trucks cross country. The lifestyle, along with my inherit laziness has gotten the best of me. I have been working out for well over 5 months, and I'm not seeing the results I once achieved when i was 24, where i went from 270 to 230 in 90 days and went from 29% BF to 23% in the same period. I was using dumbells sparingly to do light upper body routine, and pounding the pavement.

My knowledge of nutrition then wasnt what it was today. I wasn't eating anything that was made from flour, and cutting back as much fat as i could back in 99. I am well versed on proper diet and exercise now, along with strength training. I am eating every 2 to 3 hours 6 times a day. for my protein source I'm consuming 5 oz grilled chicken breast, or lean sirloin. For my carb source I'm consuming a half cup of brown rice, with a half cup of red beans, or 1 cup of whole weat pasta with a half cup of sugar free marinara sauce(or anything that is low glycemic). Three of the meals include 3/4 cup frozen mixed veggies. I supplement with ON Whey, Animal PAK multi, Cell Tech, Glutamine, and Hydroxycut.

I do a 3 on 1 off approach and it looks something like this:

Sunday- 20 mins interval Training running AM Backs & Bi's PM
Monday- ABS & Lower Body PM
Tuesday- 20 Mins Interval Training running AM Chest and tri's PM
Wednesday- OFF
Thursday- 20 mins interval training running AM Backs & Bi's PM
Friday- ABS & Lower Body PM
Saturday- 20 Mins Interval training running AM Chest and tri's PM

1 - Age 30
2 - Lifting History Highschool weight team, Football, Novice
3 - Height 72"
4 - Weight 280-300 weighed 310 5/05
5 - Estimated BF% 30%+ Obese
6 - Diet above
7 - Goals (short term) getting down to 20% BF and 225
(long term) 10% Bf or less
8 - Proposed cycle (To show that you've at least done a little homework.)
What can be reccomended (Brand, dosing) Test.

I'm happy with the muscle I have, I just want to be able to see it LoL. I'm not looking to bulk up, I am just looking to add a little edge back to my metabolism. I know building muscle is like adding horsepower to your ride its addictive and you can never get enough. But 20%BF and 225 is my short term goal. 10%BF would be a long term goal. I stopped driving trucks sept 04 and I have been in Kuwait for the last 7 months (not in the military). I have been to a doctor here and he is willing to prescribe me whatever I need. It isn't to uncommon to walk into the gym to see some dude throwing darts at another dude.

Here are some images:

1999 age 24
2000.jpg

2005 age 30
2005.jpg

what i'd like to look like in the end
goal.jpg

Thanks or the Help!

Last edited:
What about using some Fatburners? Ephedrine, Clen??? That will get your metabolism moving..... Also, in order to get your metabolism moving at your stage in the game, you need to do more then 20mins of cardio bro..... When I 1st start a diet/exercise program after being lazy for a few months, I have to jump start my metabolism.... This usually consists of 45min walks in the park, 30min bike rides, something a bit longer then 20mins.... Once you get your metabolism moving a bit, you can prob ease back to 20min cardio sessions, but if you have a slow metabolism, you need more then 20.... Good Luck....

rizz

I agree wholeheartedly. I think more cardio and some more potent fat burners would do the trick. You are a bulkier guy, you aren't going to become Mikey McCutUp overnight but you can definitely lose what you want to.

Prizz said:
but if you have a slow metabolism, you need more then 20.... Good Luck....

rizz
The type of cardio i do (High Intensity Interval Training) has the same benefit as 40 mins Target Heart rate cardio.

I've never done HIIT cardio personally. i read about it but never tried it. Not really sure if it really is that effective. I mean, even though you are going harder, your hart rate isnt in the training zone for as long as it needs to be. I suggest running on a treadmill or even using an eliptical with some moderate resistance. Try to keep your heart-rate 155-165 for 30 plus minutes. 5 or so days a week. Then do your weight training after that. Ive been doing this for a bit and am down 24 lbs.

Good luck.

1st off bro, let me commend you on your very informative post. It's rare that someone gets on here and posts all of the neccessary information about themselves and their training history. K to you for that. For now what I would recommend is T-Rex and possibly some other AFstore items. T-Rex worked great for me by boosting my metabolism while I upped my cardio. Give that a try before thinking about steroids. Good luck!!

Yeah, I know what HIT is..... I have a similar body type to you, and I'm just telling you what I need to do to get it moving..... It's not INTENSE cardio, as much as it is LENGTH of cardio..... Why? Simple answer is you need more fatburning time then other guys.....I have no fucking clue why we are built like this.... I hate my fat loving metabolism, but this is the body God gave me, and I deal with it..... Trex is a great drug to reccomend for fat burning, but on top of that, you gotta do longer cardio sessions.... Think less intense, longer duration, you will burn more fat FASTER, and you will see the difference.... Intense cardio like HIT is good for increasing your Aerobic Capacity, which will help you with climbing stairs, fucking your girl longer, all that good stuff.... However, if you wanna burn more Fat, you need less intense, longer duration.... I have to agree with Heavyweight, you gave us ALOT of great info about yourself.... Good luck, and keep the posts coming.... Need any advice on getting a Fat ass loving metabolism moving, PM me.... later

rizz

TRAPezoid said:
I agree wholeheartedly. I think more cardio and some more potent fat burners would do the trick. You are a bulkier guy, you aren't going to become Mikey McCutUp overnight but you can definitely lose what you want to.

LOL...Mikey McCutup.

hvywghtchamp said:
1st off bro, let me commend you on your very informative post. It's rare that someone gets on here and posts all of the neccessary information about themselves and their training history. K to you for that. For now what I would recommend is T-Rex and possibly some other AFstore items. T-Rex worked great for me by boosting my metabolism while I upped my cardio. Give that a try before thinking about steroids. Good luck!!

I agree, K for your great post. You have come to the right place for information, lots of knowledgable guys here to help. Good luck bro!

Prizz said:
Think less intense, longer duration, you will burn more fat FASTER, and you will see the difference.... Intense cardio like HIT is good for increasing your Aerobic Capacity, which will help you with climbing stairs, fucking your girl longer, all that good stuff.... However, if you wanna burn more Fat, you need less intense, longer duration....

I agree - from experience I can tell you that if you were to do moderate cardio in the 130 bpm range for at least two hours a day for a month the fat would start to melt off like Michael Jackson's face in a rain storm.

Be careful with fat burners. I would make sure your blood pressure is cool before doing them. I developed an arrhythmia after using Ripped Fuel (Mua Huang) for a while. I was already in prime shape and was using it to jack up my cardio routine. It is a harmless arrhythmia according to one of the best cardiologists at the Cleveland Clinic, but man sometimes it is a real pain in the ass and a distraction that I wish I didn't have. Of course, your mileage will vary but that's my two cents.

Top Bottom