Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Long Term HRT Alternative

anonomous

I posted this in another thread. And someone recommended that I look into a long term cycle where I don't use PCT therapy (since I don't really have much T now). and use some other supplements to combat estrogen and other sides.

Just looking for information on this. This is the first time I heard of basically not coming off.
Are there any long term sides? Worried about the effects on liver and cholesterol but not giving my body some time off.

Me 47 and have been super tired, gaining weight and can't really sleep at night.

So I went to longevity doctor and he ran a bunch of tests on me. Free Testosterone, preqnenolone level (serum) and DHEA and the results came back not looking that great.

Testosterone, serum - 212
Free Testosterone - 10.8
DHEA - 250

and my body fat has gone from 22% to 26.1 in the last year.

He's got me on topical Testosterone GEL 10% 1ml daily. HCG 500 iu 3 times per week
DHEA 25 milligrams 2 times per day (his clinics own label)
Vitamin D 5000iu daily
Omega 3 1 gram daily
Multivitamin
Melatonin 1gm before bed.
Vitamin C 500 mg daily
Vitamin # 400 iu daily
Milk thistle one cap daily
Flaxseed oil one capsule daily

Not coming of a cycle is called hormone replacement therapy. They key is to find your sweet spot when you test levels are within lab range, preferably on high end and the side effects are minimal if any. This can generally be done on about 150mg test a week and some arimidex (typically about 2-4mg week) to control estrogen. Some like a couple of small HCG doses a week to prevent testicular atrophy. Estrogen levels vary greatly since usually low test accompanies higher bodyfat and in turn increased estrogen. A good supplementation regimen is also a good idea. Most people are dangerously low in zinc and magnesium and would require an actual loading phase to get to optimal levels before dropping down to a maint dose.

Hi

Fully agree with Zyglamail.

If your doctor has put you on Androgel or something to replace testosterone, you are basically using it for life, as HRT/TRT is a lifetime therapy in most adults.
PCT is required to stimulate the body into its own testosterone production following an anabolic cycle in athletes. In HRT users, the patient doesn't come off therapy
thereby acknowledging that exogeonous production is going to be maintained because the testes have shut down.

In your previous post one of your responders referred to Blast n Cruise. This where a person who is usually on therapeutic doses, ups their dose (say, from 100mg/week to 500mg/week) for muscle building purposes: the "Blast" phase.
Let's say that person did 500mg per week for 10 weeks. He now goes into the "Cruise" phase, whereby he returns to the previous, normal doseage of 100mg per week: his therapy dose. In this instance he doesn't need PCT drugs to kick-start testicular production of testosterone, because he's on therapy and gets his T requirement from his injections. The "Blast n Cruise" guy, therefore, needs to be concerned about OCT (OnCycle Therapy) which are drugs like Arimidex that are used to minimise oestrogen conversion while the dose is elevated to 500mg. When he returns to his therapy dose the Arimidex or whatever he's using to control oestrogen side-effects is tapered off as the threat of aromatisation goes down.

Regards,

Craig

Top Bottom