Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Left quad is bigger than my right quad

Hey guys, I have always had a problem with my left leg being dominant ever since I played sports as a kid...well the same problem has leaked over into my training. I have been hitting the weights serious for around 5 years and never really noticed the difference in size between my two quads until recently. I know this situation didn't happen overnight, but I never really could tell how bad it was until this summer. I think the situation may have gotten worse after having my right knee operated on in January. Maybe this caused the muscles in the right quad to atrophy fairly rapidly. I am now incorporating some unilateral movements for my right leg into my leg routine. I am doing single leg presses and lunges for my right leg only (I know lunges aren't great for mass but unilateral training is kinda limited to certain exercises). I wish I could do a single leg squat but don't have access to a smith machine to allow me the stability. Anyway the unilateral training is in conjunction with my regular squats, leg presses and hack squats for the quads. Anyone else have any other suggestions?...or have a similar situation?

Bump! I am also interested in this.

I have artrhritis in left knee, was told I would never walk. Well for many years as a child It took hours of painfull work to even be able to straighten my leg every day. Needless to say my favored right leg grew like a weed(now 28") where my left has always lagged behind(now 27"). It lakcs a lot of sweep and width by the knee cap. Ive been just doing lunges on that side as well in addition to squats and what not.

yea winny, my left leg is bigger and stronger than my right. i broke my right ankle in 96 and it has never really been the same. it sucks. when i got out of my cast , my forearm was bigger than my calf ! no shit ! i have lost some range of movement in it too. evrytime i squat, i can feel my left leg really making up for my right. the left will get so dam pumped and the right just so so. so what i'm doing now is slowing down the tempo with my leg movements. i'm really trying to connect w/ my right leg. for example: when i squat, i consciencly relieve the work on my left to my right. not exactly doing a one leg squat. kinda of a 1 1/2 leg squat. lol good luck to ya bro. hope all works out.

Thanks rocketrman. I know what you mean about the pump sometimes. I get a good pump in both legs from the weights, but at work when I am pulling a heavy load with a manual pallet jack my left leg gets a kick ass pump, but the right leg (ever since the surgery) doesn't get a damn thing. I think I am going to add some more sets and try the mind muscle connection on that right leg with those 1 1/2 squats you talked about.

Top Bottom