Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Law enforcement drug screening

pitdogs

As some of you may know there has been reports in the news lately about streroid testing cops and other law enforcement because of the increase of officers getting caught possessing them. A friend of mine recently completed the process to become a deputy sheriff and was offered a job. He also admitted to his past drug use which wasn't much and his use of some steroids. However he lied about the last time he actually had used any steroids. Now he is worried about taking his drug screening because his last cycle consisted of deca/eq and an oral. My question to the board is, does anyone know whether law enforcement actually tests for gear or do they stick to the usual narcotics test? Should he be worried? He wants this job but he also like working out and occasionally runs a cycle or two a year. Thanks

they won't test him for roids. If they do there are plenty of rent-a-cop agencies that will hire him!

I wouldn't see why they wouldn't test him for Steroids though... its not like they don't have police chemists available and the necessary labs to do it. But I do know quite a bit of cops who juice, but they have all had jobs for a few years

Chances are they won't test him for it, at least not yet. Arizona seems to be the one state where agencies are testing for it. It's gonna vary from state to state though.

Tell your friend to stay the hell away from Deca and EQ should he get in, just on the off chance the department decides that they have PC or reasonable suspicion to test him........that shit stays in the system way too long. He won't know, noone here does, whether or not they are actually going to test him for gear or not until the test is done and he either hears something or doesn't.

They do not test for steroids.

I dont see how some one can make a general statement like: "They dont test for roids". Without any knowledge of the particular agency. Have you checked with every agency/department across the country and they have all admitted to not testing their officers for roids. All one can say is that it has been their experience that alot of agencies do not test for steroids. All your friend can do is hope the particular department he is appling for doesn't test and discontinue any use immediately. What is he going to do, not take the test because he is worried they might screen him for roids? He's going to take it anyway and if they do test, hopefully he will be clean.

I posted this in response to another thread, but will repost it here.

Good luck.

Actually, the polygraph is used by the majority of federal and local police departments. NYPD, Philly and Portland are the remaining few that don't. NYPD can't fill classes as it is, and LAPD can't even muster up 24 candidates to make a class since they began using the poly in 2001. Law enforcement aside, I don't know of many fire departments that use the poly.

A poly isn't so cost prohibitive to deter law enforcement agencies from using it. Most have their own civilian polygraphers or detectives who are trained in polygrpahy. The going rate for a poly is $400.

In the vast majority of jurisdictions poly eveidence is per se inadmissible because it doesn't satify the Frye test. There is more discretion in the federal courts, although two circuits still maintain a strict rule of inadmissibility. Poly evidence is per se inadmissible in military trials pursuat to the UCMJ.

A suit for failure to hire based upon a ploy is likley to be dismissed. See Anderson v. City of Philadelphia, 845 F.2d 1216 (1988) In a scenario as ANIMAL describes the Third Circuit Court of Appeals found that there was no liberty interest violation where one was not hired predicated upon a poly. Losing a job one already has because of poly findings is a different issue because there already is a legitimate liberty interest.

Bottom line, you may get flagged on a law enforcement poly for AAS use. By the way CHP uses a CVSA which is even more unreliable than the poly. The question is often worded so broad as to include any illegal drug use. Being off weed for a year before applying is a sure DQ. Very few, if any will hire you if you admit to having smoked weed only a year before. Then again, you might be a good liar and be able to beat the poly, many do.

Karma is appreciated.

RW

They may have police and crime lab personel that can do the tests but someone still has to foot the bill. I'd be more concerned with a polygraph test than roid test.

Speaking as an ex law enforcement agent, and someone who has taken many many polygraphs and never failed one (and I'm a high strung summamabitch at that), IMO passing a polygraph really isn't that big of a deal. It all depends on your mindset and what you "believe" is the truth. From what I've seen, many of my LE friends pass the polygraph and lied about something, but it's the ones who are actually telling the truth who seem to get flagged. Many times, and I can tell you that the Houston PD is notorious for this, the polygrapher might look you dead in the eye and tell you that you showed deceptiveness or were lying concerning a certain question or questions. They do this to flush out those with guilty consciences, even though the person may have passed perfectly.

Again, noone can say for sure whether or not a specific department will or won't test for AAS, and all your friend can do is go in and take the chance. If they ask at the lab if he is taking anything, he should mention as many OTC pro hormones he can remember if he is really that concerned. Tell your friend to stick to his guns (so to speak) and stand by what he said concerning his last drug use and to make himself believe it. I take the tact that AAS aren't drugs, merely supplements.

Top Bottom