Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

L-Tyrosine and panic attacks?

Ceebs

Can supplementing with L-Tyrosine induce panic attacks? I've been taking it for the last 10 days to help cut, 4 grams total daily in 2 2-gram doses, and was up most of last night trying to fight off an anxiety attack. The only other time in my life that I've had panic attacks was a few years ago when I was taking a similar Tyrosine dosage. Back then I chalked it up to a combination of extreme stress and too much epinephrine/dopamine, but now I'm not even remotely stressed. Everything's puppies and rainbows.

Anyway, the panic attacks went away the last time after I stopped taking Tyrosine, and I'm obviously not going to take it anymore, my question is more a general "is this a common occurance with Tyrosine" type query. :confused:

Thanks in advance.

Not a "common occurrence", but however a possible experience (especially when used with ECA or Yohimbine HCL [or ECA+Y]).

Assuming that you wish to further task intake (which you don't, but still), a lower dose may suffice, especially if done in lesser quantities with greater frequency (such the same manner of dosing with ECA [small and frequently] works to a great degree toward reducing side effects).

Every so often, several grams of Tyrosine added to my ECA(+Y) stack comes to greet me in a most unwelcome manner (nauseous, paranoid, etc; but this effect is not consistent with me).

Thanks, Dante. I also posted this to the Women's forum, and MS confirmed earlier what you said in your post. I was taking the Tyrosine entirely for the thyroid and tanning benefits, not nescessarily to add extra kick to an ergogenic stack. I still get a wicked buzz off ECA or NYC, despite taking half the dose I used to.

I'm still feeling a bit paranoid and anxiety-ridden this evening, and an extra half pound per week of fat loss is just not worth the trouble. Maybe when I'm feeling like myself again, I'll try supplementing with it every third day...

Top Bottom