x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Just had hydrostatic weighing

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Just had hydrostatic weighing within the Anabolic Steroids category.

Excerpt: I'm 17% lard. They did a skin fold test first and it had me at 10%. I don't think my body fits the equation used for the calipers. Anyway, the goal is 12% lard by the end of summer.

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Just had hydrostatic weighing

I'm 17% lard. They did a skin fold test first and it had me at 10%. I don't think my body fits the equation used for the calipers. Anyway, the goal is 12% lard by the end of summer.

At the squat rack, on the bike or right behind your woman

Re: Just had hydrostatic weighing

I've never believed most of the numbers people put up using skinfold calipers; way too low. I only trust the dunk.
    "Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Intel Core i7-2600K | Corsair Hydro H80 CPU Cooler | ASUS P8Z68-V board | Corsair Obsidian 650 case | CORSAIR Pro HX650 | CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1866 | GIGABYTE Radeon HD 6870 1GB | Intel 510 120GB SSD | WD Green 640GB | Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM LED | Ubuntu Linux

I've used the bod pod several times before. The underwater weighing results are more consistent with the bod pod than skin fold. I found it difficult to get rid of all my air underwater. I thought I would explode

Elite Bodybuilder Mythicalbeing's Avatar

The dunk is the best fat tester out there...I have to go 2 hours to get tested but well worth it.

Cyborg

To determine bf% I just look at the mirror. If its too high, than time to cut.

Indeed. Getting dunked is the only way to go. Don't rely on Tanita or those digital scales as they're useless!

Sorry I can't think of anything witty to put here that will make people squint their eyes, and rub their chins and think "Ah..That Burning_Inside..So witty and smart.."

How much are these tests, and for those of you that are doing them, I have questions..

If they are "expensive", like over 100 dollars, why do you feel it's that important to spend that sort of cash to know your actual bodyfat %? Are you entering some bodyfat % contest or something?

Is it not enough to look in the mirror and say hey, I look like I need to lose more fat?

Is it not enough to get a test done by other, cheaper means, on a weekly basis, and while the results may not be accurate, you'd at least know if you're dropping or gaining fat?

Do you use the fact that you get dunked in a tank to find your bodyfat in conversation with other people, and use the results of the test in conversation also, in hopes of amazing the other person, or scoring a lay?

Quote Quote posted by psychedout
    \

word, the scale and bodyfat tests are not needed for me , i can always tell my progress in the mirror. If i am at where i want to be, the number some stupid test gives me doesnt mean shit.

I`ve never done it but if you get dunked once, then you can always determine what bf% you are in the future in comparison of how you looked like when dunked. So you would only have to do it once really to get a very good idea of future bf%.

I hope I made sense.lol
    do it now

Official Iron Angels Member

Reading the mod's TOS handbook.

Pro Bodybuilder

Quote Quote posted by psychedout
    Gotta say I pretty much do that. I do have this digital thing which you hold out after entering your details. Works like the weighing scales one, but im not sure how reliable it is, so I tend to use sight. I suppose its fine until you get really cut, then it may be hard to tell visually.( I'm sure that sounds like bollox)