Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Just had hydrostatic weighing

Fast Twitch Fiber

I'm 17% lard. They did a skin fold test first and it had me at 10%. I don't think my body fits the equation used for the calipers. Anyway, the goal is 12% lard by the end of summer.

I've never believed most of the numbers people put up using skinfold calipers; way too low. I only trust the dunk.

I've used the bod pod several times before. The underwater weighing results are more consistent with the bod pod than skin fold. I found it difficult to get rid of all my air underwater. I thought I would explode

Indeed. Getting dunked is the only way to go. Don't rely on Tanita or those digital scales as they're useless!

How much are these tests, and for those of you that are doing them, I have questions..

If they are "expensive", like over 100 dollars, why do you feel it's that important to spend that sort of cash to know your actual bodyfat %? Are you entering some bodyfat % contest or something?

Is it not enough to look in the mirror and say hey, I look like I need to lose more fat?

Is it not enough to get a test done by other, cheaper means, on a weekly basis, and while the results may not be accurate, you'd at least know if you're dropping or gaining fat?

Do you use the fact that you get dunked in a tank to find your bodyfat in conversation with other people, and use the results of the test in conversation also, in hopes of amazing the other person, or scoring a lay?

psychedout said:
To determine bf% I just look at the mirror. If its too high, than time to cut. :)
\

word, the scale and bodyfat tests are not needed for me , i can always tell my progress in the mirror. If i am at where i want to be, the number some stupid test gives me doesnt mean shit.

I`ve never done it but if you get dunked once, then you can always determine what bf% you are in the future in comparison of how you looked like when dunked. So you would only have to do it once really to get a very good idea of future bf%.

I hope I made sense.lol

psychedout said:
To determine bf% I just look at the mirror. If its too high, than time to cut. :)

Gotta say I pretty much do that. I do have this digital thing which you hold out after entering your details. Works like the weighing scales one, but im not sure how reliable it is, so I tend to use sight. I suppose its fine until you get really cut, then it may be hard to tell visually.( :) I'm sure that sounds like bollox)

Top Bottom