Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Just got my blood test results back from the Doctor

Hey Guys,
I've done 5 cycles since May 1999 and until this week, I had never consulted a Doctor with respect to my AAS use. The main reason I worked up the nerve to do so is based largely on information I've acquired on this board. I am extremlely saddened to read about what has happened to Flexed1and it has caused me to reevaluate what I have involved myself in for the past 3 years. I really hope and pray he will pull through, he is a great athlete. This week, I visited my Doctor and informed him of my AAS usage. I told him that I finished a 12 week cycle on April 1, waited 3 weeks, and started an ancilliary regimen (consisting of Nolvadex,Clomid, and HCG). He gave me a physical examination with included a very rough examination of my Testicles(I know this is laughable, but it hurt like hell). He advised me that there did not appear to be ANY atrophy and they appeared to be in good health. He sent me out of his office with a lab requisition for blood work, which I took care of straight away.

He just called me and told me to come see him next week. He gave me a few of the details...
1.) My Test levels are "way too high": 31(20 being the norm)
2.) I have an under active Thyroid. This is no suprise, I have a big genetic potential for Thyroid dysfunction. My Dad and Sister are on T4 supplementation.
3.) Cholesterol levels are "very good": 4.5(5 being the norm).

The Thyroid finding is strange, in the sense that I am in no way overweight(10% body fat) and I have great energy levels.

I attribute my remarkable(considering I use AAS) Cholesterol level to strict supplementation of EFA. I use Evening Primrose Oil, Flax Seed Oil, and Hemp Seed Oil. I encourage all members of this board to do the same. I've been doing this since I started AAS in 1999.

So it looks like I'll be on T4's for a while. Does anybody have anything to say about my Test level. 31 sounds about where it should be, considering I'm using ancilliaries right now.

I would need to see the results of your thyroid testing. Your doc should ahve ordered TSH, Free T3, and Free T4. Any other thyroid tests are BS and tell you nothing. You must have these three for a complete picture. The typical problem is conversion of T4 to T3. If T3 is low, then taking T4 is BS..you need cytomel. Again, I would need to see the results.

From what I remember, I think TSH was checked off on the lab sheet. I'll be seeing him next week in person to go through it in more detail. He sounded pretty stern on the phone yesterday when he commented on my Test levels. I think he's going to tear me a new eye-socket at my appointment. Fuck guys, if I go to him later in the Summer/Fall DURING my next cycle, he's really going to shit. By my standards(I'm not a doctor), a Test level of 31 is candy-ass.

Keep in mind you stopped cycle april 1st, waited 3 weeks and started post cycle therapy. Which I assume has just ended. This is still not enough time for most hormone levels to return to normal. Also depending on your cycle, what was in it and doses, it can take a long time for AAS levels to drop, which appears to be the case from your bloodwork.

Just stick to what u beleive and don't let him talk down on you! Stick to your guns and teach him a few things!

Hey guys,
Thanks for your comments. My cycle went as follows....
Weeks 1-6: Sustenon/250mg Prop/200mg(3CC shot)E5D
Weeks 7-12 EQ/400mg Primo/400mg Every week

Cycle ended on April 1, I waited till April 21 and started Nolvadex at 20mg/ED and I did 5000IU of HCG every week until about a week1/2 ago. I then started Clomid(50mg/ED) in addition to Nolva. I just got my hands on Liquidex, I'm running that at 0.5mg/ED. I told my Doctor all this during my appointment a few days ago.

As far as my Doctor talking shit to me at my next visit.... I'm not an easy guy to walk on. I'm certainly not educated to his level about medicine, but I've spent a considerable amount of time studying AAS. I steer clear of oarals, I've tried a D-ball and Drol(in seperate cycles) and experienced nasty sides. A week of each is all I've tried of those substances. The staples of all my cycles consist of the ones I've listed up top.

I'll be standing up for myself when he starts to lecture me. The way I see it, it took courage to go see him about this and he should respect me for that.

Peace,
S.

I had an appointment with my Doc yesterday, to go over the results of my test. He shot me a script for 100 days of T4(Synthroid) at 100mcg/ED. He wants me retested in 3 months and he'll adjust the doses from there. After he finished with the Thyroid issue, he proceeded to give me a generic "boiler room" statement warning me of the negative effects of AAS use: Testicular atrophy, liver cancer, acne, hair loss, aggression, blah blah blah. He said I was "stupid" to do AAS and that I should be able to reach my goals with a good diet and nothing more than a multi-vitamin. I asked him if he's as hard on his patients who abuse alcohol, tabacco, and food. I think that caught him off guard, he didn't reply.

SCOTTY-TWO-HOTTY said:
I asked him if he's as hard on his patients who abuse alcohol, tabacco, and food. I think that caught him off guard, he didn't reply.
Funny how just because those things are "legal" they never seem to give some fat ass or drunk the 3rd degree. He could tell you this blah blah Lyle Alzado died blah blah.....But the guy who is 50-100 lbs overweight and smokes gets less shit than the admitting AS user.

Terminator- Yeah, I hear ya. When I walked out of the office yesterday, I walked through an entire waiting room of those people. I thought to myself "Fuck is my life great!" I really felt elevated above everyone else in there. I realize that some of them are simply less fortunate and its not any fault of theirs they're there, but most of'em just let themselves slide.

I believe in diagnosis, so I'll continue to get my blood values pulled on a regular basis. What I DONT buy into is society's hypocritical bull shit. All the obese, unmotivated, alcoholics and smokers out there can keep it up. They'll keep getting weaker and we'll keep getting stronger.

Good post bro and I agree with you in regard to the essential oils and cholesterol.

I have been hypothyroid since the age of 12 and I am 40 now. I am not tooting my own horn but I know that I know more about the thyroid than your average family practise doc.

The best indictor of thyroid function is TSH and not free T4 or T3 levels. It is an extra to get free T3 and T4 done BUT it is not really needed. T3 and T4 levels could be normal but TSH could still be elevated. This indicates that you need more thyroid hormones for optimal bodily function as some peoples norms of T3 and T4 are genetically higher than the typical norms.

Also take note that while you are on T4 the T4 blood levels need to be a little above the normal in order to suppress TSH. This is due to the fact that extra T4 is needed to convert into T3 since your own thyroid isn't putting out eneough T3 by itself.

Normals range from 0.5 to about 4.5 with most people at around 1 or 2. Please check your TSH level from the lab report.
If it is above 5 then yes you do need a little T4 supplement.

You will not be on the T4 for but a little while bro...you will be on it for the rest of your life. I am on 200Mcg per day.

As I touched on briefly above T4 is converted, after ingestion, to the more active thyroid hormone T3. The reason we take T4 and not T3 is twofold...one ,T4 is an active thyroid hormone but more importantly T4 has a long half life (6 days) and it gives a far more consistent blood level than T3 supplementation alone.

Top Bottom