Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Jenscats Road to Recovery Log

Wednesday March 1

Weight: 143.2

8:00am
2 Glucorell

8:20am
1 Travel Mug of Coffee + 4 packets Splenda + 3 tblsp. FF Coffeemate
(Didn't finish the coffee - so probably just had 2 tblsp. Coffeemate)

8:45am
Scrip

8:55am
6 Hard Boiled Egg Whites
2/3 cup dry oats + 1 packet Splenda + apple pie spice

9:20am
2 Sesamax

10:00am
1 Trex

**Saw my orthopedist today - wants me to be in a PT regimen & strengthening program prior to surgery.....Me being a "Non-Coper" means I can't "cope" physically without my ACL due to my activity level.....being in this study means my PT is without charge to me.....BUT I have to have electrical stimulation on my right Quad due to how weak it is.... :worried: This HURTS!! ARGH!!

So I start my 1st session tomorrow morning.....2-3 hours.... :bawling:

11:30am - Gym
Shoulders/Traps
DB Presses: Warmup: 20lb DBs - 2x12; 25lb DBs - 1x12, 2x10
Bent Over Rear Lateral Raises: 15lb DBs - 3x12
~Superset With~
Side Lateral Raises: 10lb DBs - 1x15, 1x12, 1x15
Barbell Shrugs w/Std Bar: 90lbs Added - 4x12
~Superset With~
DB Shrugs: 55lb DBs - 2x12, 1x9*
*Lost my grip even with straps

Stationary Bike: 10 mins
Stair Climber: 6 mins, 12 floors, Level 2
Elliptical: 15mins, .84 miles

1:05pm
2 Glucorell

1:20pm
4.25oz grilled chicken
6 broccoli florets + ~ 1 oz. red bell pepper
~ 1.5 cups leftover Lipton Rice N Sides

6 squares Cadbury Fruit N Nut Chocolate

4:00pm
3 oz. (1 Pouch) Bumble Bee Chunk Light Tuna in water mixed with ~ 1 tblsp. relish + 1/2 oz. celery & bell pepper + 1 tblsp. FF mayo

Glass of 0 Cal Seltzer + a little bit of Diet Cranberry Juice

Multi + B-Complex

6:20pm
2 Glucorell

6:45pm - Off The Cuff Cheat Meal :rolleyes:
1 Turkey sub + FF Mayo (~ 2 tblsp.)
About 6 Pringles
About 4 Broccoli Bites
4 Caramel Filled Hershey's Kisses

Last edited:
jenscats5 said:
**Saw my orthopedist today - wants me to be in a PT regimen & strengthening program prior to surgery.....Me being a "Non-Coper" means I can't "cope" physically without my ACL due to my activity level.....being in this study means my PT is without charge to me.....BUT I have to have electrical stimulation on my right Quad due to how weak it is.... :worried: This HURTS!! ARGH!!
No charge is good though! No pain no gain ... kinda ... Sorry JC :bigkiss:
So I start my 1st session tomorrow morning.....2-3 hours.... :bawling:

11:30am - Gym
Shoulders/Traps
DB Presses: Warmup: 20lb DBs - 2x12; 25lb DBs - 1x12, 2x10
Bent Over Rear Lateral Raises: 15lb DBs - 3x12
~Superset With~
Side Lateral Raises: 10lb DBs - 1x15, 1x12, 1x15
Barbell Shrugs w/Std Bar: 90lbs Added - 4x12
~Superset With~
DB Shrugs: 55lb DBs - 2x12, 1x9*
*Lost my grip even with straps
I about lost my grip on the 50's, but I have my talons on ... lol - I always forget my wraps though :rolleyes: , this was another reminder. Thanks

For your bent over rear lats, are you squeezing on the contraction? I feel so weak, there is no way I could to do 15 lbs for 12 without a little swing, well I've never really tried cause 7.5 was difficult ... then again it was at the end of a huge shoulder w/o ... :worried:

*Bunny* said:
I about lost my grip on the 50's, but I have my talons on ... lol - I always forget my wraps though :rolleyes: , this was another reminder. Thanks

For your bent over rear lats, are you squeezing on the contraction? I feel so weak, there is no way I could to do 15 lbs for 12 without a little swing, well I've never really tried cause 7.5 was difficult ... then again it was at the end of a huge shoulder w/o ... :worried:

Yes! FREE is good.........BUT having electrodes strapped to your thigh so electricity causes the muscle to jump & clench is NOT good..... Waaaaah!!

:lmao:

You've got large talons?? (insert Napoleon Dynamite voice here LOL)

As for the rear lats - I was sitting and I guess I did a little pause at the top - but I don't seem to have a problem with swinging - my back is pretty strong......I keep my straps in my mini-backpack I use for the gym....

:bigkiss: :heart:

Thursday March 2nd

Weight: 144.2

2 Glucorell

8:30am
2/3 cup dry oats + Splenda + apple pie spice
1 scoop protein powder in water

8:45am
2 Sesamax, Scrip

9:00am
20 oz. Wawa coffee - about 12 oz. FF French Vanilla Cappucino + about 8 oz. Kenya blend + 2 packets Splenda

9:00 - Research Study Analysis
OK - Univ. of DE is conducting studies thru their PT dept. to determine how a strengthening program affects leg/quad strength before & after surgery. So I had a movment analysis done today where they stuck/taped about 100 electrodes on my legs/hips & had me do strength moves, stand on 1 foot (left & right) as well as walking....all of this info went into a computer & I'll do 10 PT sessions then they will do the analysis on me again at the end of March.

The benefit to me is that this is PT stuff I'd have to do anyway but it's free to me & my ins. company + I get paid for the movment analysis part. yay!

Start 1st PT session tomorrow....Caveat: NO, absolutely NO, extra (other than PT) cardio, walking, strength moves - NOTHING! *sigh*

This was 2.5 hours.....

Errands.....

12:45pm
2 Glucorell

1:15pm
1 Turkey Burger Patty
1.5 cups Hamburger Helper Tomato Basil Penne (no meat in preparation and didn't use topping packet)

1:30pm
2 Sesamax

3:15pm
1 Travel Mug of hot tea + 2 packets Splenda

3:20pm
6 hard boiled egg whites with a drizzle of horseradish
1/2 oz peanuts

3:40pm
1 B-Complex + Multi + 1 serving Liquid Gluc/Chondroiten/MSM blend

Dinner:
Ended up getting into a bottle of wine - had about 1/2 the bottle with
some cheese and crackers
+ greek salad with chicken
+ Pop Tarts

:rolleyes:

**Drank about 3/4 of a gallon of water....

Last edited:
Friday March 3rd

Weight: 144.8*

*Been feeling overly tired lately and scale weight is creeping up........thinking it's almost "time."

2 Glucorell

8:35am
6 hard boiled egg whites + black pepper + drizzle horseradish
2 slices X-treme Wheat Bread + 1 tblsp SF Jelly + ~ 1.5 tblsp. ANPB

1 travel mug of coffee + 4 packets Splenda + 2 tblsp. FF Coffeemate

8:55am
1 Trex + 2 Sesamax

Yay for getting paid!!! Show me the $$ ... Nice that an insurance company PAYS you ...

Wine & Poptarts lol now that's one I haven't tried ;)

My weakness for wine is like mine for ANPB on a cutting diet. But I will not hurl the wine in the lake :) ...the empty bottle maybe ... j/k I hate to litter :bigkiss:

Got waaaay off track with the log again.....In a BIG bout of depression right now and with surgery looming closer & closer - I AM FREAKING SCARED!! The thought of getting a cadaver part freaked me out tonite.....risk of infection, rejection & disease transmission is Front & Center in my mind even tho I know it's likely the best option for me for strength, recovery, etc....

Talked to a girl who works at my favorite restaurant & she had surgery for her ACL a while back & they used part of her hamstring - which has left a divot or space/hole, whatever that's visible and gives her problems - and I don't want that....

I'M FREAKING BORED OUT OF MY MIND....I can't exercise or do ANY cardio, walking, lower body ANYTHING - so I can't escape by going to the gym - which is my stress relief.

I'm totally freaking out tonite and I hate it - I hate this injury!! :redhot:

Monday March 6

Weight: N/A

**Got way off track this weekend.....ate way too much and not anything reasonably healthy.....PT on Friday had me in so much pain over the weekend I could barely move - but I'm not supposed to move a lot anyway - which is driving me nuts. I may have to start doing some unapproved stationary bike work.....

2 Glucorell

1 24 oz. bottle Diet Pepsi

8:50am
2/3 cup dry oats + apple pie spice + 2 packets Splenda
6 hard boiled egg whites

9:06am
2 Glucorell

1 Tylenol

9:45am - PT
Squats on a raised platform on right leg, left leg to the left: 3 sets of 10
Squats on a raised platform on right leg, left leg held out front: 3 sets of 10
Leg Extensions w/right leg: 20lbs - 3 sets of 6 (who knew this would be tiring!!)
**Did a couple sets with the left leg also
Leg presses w/right leg: 40lbs - 3 sets of 6
**Did a couple of sets with the left leg also
Pneumatic leg extensions on a machine; right leg strapped in
Electronic Stim on Right Quad

Iced knee for 10 mins after PT over....

Errands....

12:30pm
1 Turkey Burger
~ 1 cup homemade veggie chili

**I am BEAT this afternoon!! :sleep2:

Last edited: