Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Jenscats Road to Recovery Log

jenscats5 said:
Well - goals have changed considerably and workouts will be a complete turn-around from what I'm used to being able to do.....Cardio may be *severely* limited due to limitations on weight I can put on my right leg....

Think I'm going to go back to Shadow's plan for working out - skipping Leg day of course.....

Physical Therapy will be 2-3 times a week & I have certain exercises to do for my knee a few times a day....

Suggestions on Protein/Carb/Fat intakes?? 40/30/30??

ACL injury?
Glucosamine, Chondroitin Sulfate and MSM may help ligament damage Also shark cartlidge may be of use but I believe the liquid shark cartlidge is the best.

As far as diet , yes I think it should be tuned towards inactivity since it's is impossible to do any cardio with a knee injury.
I would drop some of the carbs and go with fats (coconut milk) I would generally do this anyway , but since burning calories with a knee injury isn't going to happen , then I would definitly go very low carb.

nelmsjer said:
Jens, are you icing after your pool work? I hate to say this, but you probably need to be, depending on how warm the water is. That swelling must get out of there...

Yes, I'm icing after any PT work, gym work (pool, etc)...... 20-30 mins on/1 hour or so off.....4-5x a day....

gjohnson5 said:
ACL injury?
Glucosamine, Chondroitin Sulfate and MSM may help ligament damage Also shark cartlidge may be of use but I believe the liquid shark cartlidge is the best.

As far as diet , yes I think it should be tuned towards inactivity since it's is impossible to do any cardio with a knee injury.
I would drop some of the carbs and go with fats (coconut milk) I would generally do this anyway , but since burning calories with a knee injury isn't going to happen , then I would definitly go very low carb.

Yes - torn ACL - right knee...injured it skiing....will get a new one via surgery...

I will look into the liquid shark cartiledge...

As far as the carbs go - 40/30/30 ratio plan of P/C/F?? Or lower % on the carbs??

And I have a neoprene sleeve with a Patella cutout, velcros at the top that I've been wearing for support.....

Thursday February 16

Weight: 142.8

8:20am
1 Travel Mug of Coffee + 3 packets Splenda + 2 Tblsp. FF French Vanilla Cinn. Coffee Creamer

8:50am
2 Glucorell

9:10am
6 hard boiled egg whites
2 slices (3oz.) scrapple + 1 packet catsup
1/2 cup dry oats + 1 packet Splenda + apple pie spice

1 Serving liquid Gluc/Chon/MSM Blend + 2 Sesamax

9:45am
PT work
**All exercises done without knee sleeve.....
Quad Squeezes - 1x50, 1x50
Ankle Pumps - 1 minute - 2 sets
Straight Leg Raises - 1x12, 1x15, 1x15
Co-Contractions - 2 sets of 5 reps, hold for 5 seconds each
Mini Squats into Heel Raises - 1x15, 1x15, 1x15
Wall Slides - Hold for 20 secs* 1x10
*This exercise Freaking hurts!! :worried:

10:15am
3 Ibuprofen

**Iced knee for 30 mins after PT work....

11:45am
Shower....applied YES

12:10pm
Scrip

12:15pm - Off to the store

1:50pm
2 Glucorell

Last edited:
jenscats5 said:
Yes - torn ACL - right knee...injured it skiing....will get a new one via surgery...

I will look into the liquid shark cartiledge...

As far as the carbs go - 40/30/30 ratio plan of P/C/F?? Or lower % on the carbs??

And I have a neoprene sleeve with a Patella cutout, velcros at the top that I've been wearing for support.....

A vegetable salad would be good carbs in a situation of aerobic inactivity. Very slow digesting and lots of other minerals. I'm not a big fruit fan because of the sugar , but grean leafy vegetables (sloooow digesting) would be a good replacement for fruits in this case. And I love coconut as it has many properties for good health and it will increase metabolism. But yes if I was going to do carbs in an injury situation , it would be the leafy green kind or the yam kind.

Oats would be good too.

gjohnson5 said:
A vegetable salad would be good carbs in a situation of aerobic inactivity. Very slow digesting and lots of other minerals. I'm not a big fruit fan because of the sugar , but grean leafy vegetables (sloooow digesting) would be a good replacement for fruits in this case. And I love coconut as it has many properties for good health and it will increase metabolism. But yes if I was going to do carbs in an injury situation , it would be the leafy green kind or the yam kind.

Oats would be good too.

Yep I kind of got out of eating fruit cuz of my comps last year & never really got back into eating it.....

I regularly already eat fibrous veggies & oats - try to keep them before 5pm.

Also using Glucorell & Sesamax.....

jenscats5 said:
Thursday February 16

Weight: 142.8

8:20am
1 Travel Mug of Coffee + 3 packets Splenda + 2 Tblsp. FF French Vanilla Cinn. Coffee Creamer

8:50am
2 Glucorell

9:10am
6 hard boiled egg whites
2 slices (3oz.) scrapple + 1 packet catsup
1/2 cup dry oats + 1 packet Splenda + apple pie spice

1 Serving liquid Gluc/Chon/MSM Blend + 2 Sesamax

9:45am
PT work
**All exercises done without knee sleeve.....
Quad Squeezes - 1x50, 1x50
Ankle Pumps - 1 minute - 2 sets
Straight Leg Raises - 1x12, 1x15, 1x15
Co-Contractions - 2 sets of 5 reps, hold for 5 seconds each
Mini Squats into Heel Raises - 1x15, 1x15, 1x15
Wall Slides - Hold for 20 secs* 1x10
*This exercise Freaking hurts!! :worried:

10:15am
3 Ibuprofen

**Iced knee for 30 mins after PT work....

11:45am
Shower....applied YES

12:10pm
Scrip

12:15pm - Off to the store

1:50pm
2 Glucorell

2:15pm
1 Lean Cuisine Tuscan Chicken + 5 broccoli florets + 2.5 oz extra added chicken

~ 1/4 cup Ben & Jerry's Half Baked Ice Cream
(SOMEONE has gotten me on an ice cream kick!! Note to self: Don't listen when so & so mentions ice cream)

2:45pm
2 Sesamax

3:00pm
Iced the knee for 30 mins....

Last edited:
jenscats5 said:
2:15pm
1 Lean Cuisine Tuscan Chicken + 5 broccoli florets + 2.5 oz extra added chicken

~ 1/4 cup Ben & Jerry's Half Baked Ice Cream
(SOMEONE has gotten me on an ice cream kick!! Note to self: Don't listen when so & so mentions ice cream)

2:45pm
2 Sesamax

3:00pm
Iced the knee for 30 mins....

Jen hope the recovery is going well, how are you feeling?

Top Bottom