Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Jenscats Road to Recovery Log

jenscats5 said:
Got waaaay off track with the log again.....In a BIG bout of depression right now and with surgery looming closer & closer - I AM FREAKING SCARED!! The thought of getting a cadaver part freaked me out tonite.....risk of infection, rejection & disease transmission is Front & Center in my mind even tho I know it's likely the best option for me for strength, recovery, etc....

Talked to a girl who works at my favorite restaurant & she had surgery for her ACL a while back & they used part of her hamstring - which has left a divot or space/hole, whatever that's visible and gives her problems - and I don't want that....

I'M FREAKING BORED OUT OF MY MIND....I can't exercise or do ANY cardio, walking, lower body ANYTHING - so I can't escape by going to the gym - which is my stress relief.

I'm totally freaking out tonite and I hate it - I hate this injury!! :redhot:
I know you have got to be completely frustrated I would be also! Try doing some other form of upper body cardio to keep your heart rate up. Like switching back and forth from push-ups to sit-ups, scissor kicks, to pull-ups.... Maybe some form of that will not only help keep your strength up but your heart rate up enough to make you feel better.

jenscats5 said:
Monday March 6

Weight: N/A

**Got way off track this weekend.....ate way too much and not anything reasonably healthy.....PT on Friday had me in so much pain over the weekend I could barely move - but I'm not supposed to move a lot anyway - which is driving me nuts. I may have to start doing some unapproved stationary bike work.....

8:00am
2 Glucorell

1 24 oz. bottle Diet Pepsi

8:50am
2/3 cup dry oats + apple pie spice + 2 packets Splenda
6 hard boiled egg whites

9:06am
2 Glucorell

1 Tylenol

9:45am - PT
Squats on a raised platform on right leg, left leg to the left: 3 sets of 10
Squats on a raised platform on right leg, left leg held out front: 3 sets of 10
Leg Extensions w/right leg: 20lbs - 3 sets of 6 (who knew this would be tiring!!)
**Did a couple sets with the left leg also
Leg presses w/right leg: 40lbs - 3 sets of 6
**Did a couple of sets with the left leg also
Pneumatic leg extensions on a machine; right leg strapped in
Electronic Stim on Right Quad

Iced knee for 10 mins after PT over....

Errands....

12:30pm
1 Turkey Burger
~ 1 cup homemade veggie chili

**I am BEAT this afternoon!! :sleep2:

**Did I take 2 Sesamax this afternoon?? I can't remember! :lmao:

3:15pm
Pure Pilates Workout - 20 mins
Quick Abs Workout - 10 mins

4:00pm
4.25 oz baked salmon
~ 2/3 cup cooked Success Brown Rice

Scrip

4:35pm
2 Sesamax

6:05pm
2 tblsp. ANPB

6:15pm
Multi + 1 B-Complex

~ 8:00pm
Baked WW/Low-Carb Tortilla topped with 1 tblsp. BBQ sauce, 1/2 cup cheese + 3.25 oz. chicken breast

1 Diet 7UP

9:30pm - Sleep
I was completely exhausted last nite...so went to bed early...

Last edited:
Jenscats, I think your strength and commitment through your whole ordeal has been very inspiring! I just wanted to personally say that even if others may have already told you this as well. I wish the best for you and hope your recovery time goes quickly. Being in great shape will definately help so here's to you and your efforts in keeping up your diet (the good parts :) ), your log and your weight training :beer: Your doing absolutely amazing so don't give in to your anxieties!!! Stay Strong!!

2dagym said:
Jenscats, I think your strength and commitment through your whole ordeal has been very inspiring! I just wanted to personally say that even if others may have already told you this as well. I wish the best for you and hope your recovery time goes quickly. Being in great shape will definately help so here's to you and your efforts in keeping up your diet (the good parts :) ), your log and your weight training :beer: Your doing absolutely amazing so don't give in to your anxieties!!! Stay Strong!!

Awwww!! Thank you so much for posting that!! The support here is amazing.....when I feel down I know I can come here & get it.....

:heart:

These things are always amazing challenges more mentally than physically sometimes. I personally find it harder to do nothing than to do something. It is pretty damn inspiring tho & very real - so thx for putting your daily updates in here to show that. The day to day stuff really shows what it takes to achieve goals. "Hard work" sometimes isn't how much weight you lift, but rather the fact that you keep coming back to the diet , to the gym, to the treadmill for more.

Not sure if you would be interested in doing this, but you might find it mentally occupying to pursue a personal trainer certification while you are down. The study phase might be something that you can start tying your own experiences as well as your PT to as you go. And I'm looking at this as something as a personal education step for yourself more than looking at the certification stuff - lots of people will say that lots of PT certs are stupid and I'm sure you will find stuff that they teach that doesn't add up or agree w/ stuff you've learned or encountered, but it is a structured approach that leads to a cert, which is yours when its all over, and even moreso if it keeps you interested & occupied during the slow times. :)

jenscats5 said:
Awwww!! Thank you so much for posting that!! The support here is amazing.....when I feel down I know I can come here & get it.....

:heart:

you deserve it girl!! :rose:

Sassy69 said:
These things are always amazing challenges more mentally than physically sometimes. I personally find it harder to do nothing than to do something. It is pretty damn inspiring tho & very real - so thx for putting your daily updates in here to show that. The day to day stuff really shows what it takes to achieve goals. "Hard work" sometimes isn't how much weight you lift, but rather the fact that you keep coming back to the diet , to the gym, to the treadmill for more.

Not sure if you would be interested in doing this, but you might find it mentally occupying to pursue a personal trainer certification while you are down. The study phase might be something that you can start tying your own experiences as well as your PT to as you go. And I'm looking at this as something as a personal education step for yourself more than looking at the certification stuff - lots of people will say that lots of PT certs are stupid and I'm sure you will find stuff that they teach that doesn't add up or agree w/ stuff you've learned or encountered, but it is a structured approach that leads to a cert, which is yours when its all over, and even moreso if it keeps you interested & occupied during the slow times. :)

Sassy, do you have any recommendations on a good PT certification - I'm sure some are more reputable than others. Just wondering if you have any honorable mentions???

2dagym said:
Sassy, do you have any recommendations on a good PT certification - I'm sure some are more reputable than others. Just wondering if you have any honorable mentions???

There are a couple discussions on here about that - I bought all the stuff for a NESTA cert more for craps & giggles than anything and almost did a cert for training at Bally's but couldnt' get the time off to do the Bally's trainer prep.

I think the ACE cert is the most common one required for training at a gym.

I might actually boot this question up to HH - who is now the queen of all PTs at World Gym locally here.

I'm gonna look for some of the posts about that question - but my own experience - I've worked w/ people w/ some different certs & lots of veterans of the BB competition community. The certs become less important at the level I'm looking at for my purposes. My biggest complaint is that they don't really address diet, but then there are huge liabilities for people to give out diet recommendations who are not qualified nutrition / diet experts. So, for me, hard to say.

Sassy69 said:
There are a couple discussions on here about that - I bought all the stuff for a NESTA cert more for craps & giggles than anything and almost did a cert for training at Bally's but couldnt' get the time off to do the Bally's trainer prep.

I think the ACE cert is the most common one required for training at a gym.

I might actually boot this question up to HH - who is now the queen of all PTs at World Gym locally here.

I'm gonna look for some of the posts about that question - but my own experience - I've worked w/ people w/ some different certs & lots of veterans of the BB competition community. The certs become less important at the level I'm looking at for my purposes. My biggest complaint is that they don't really address diet, but then there are huge liabilities for people to give out diet recommendations who are not qualified nutrition / diet experts. So, for me, hard to say.

Hmmmm - that's an idea Sassy.....I do know they do them by mail right??

Another idea was to beging studying for my CPA - which can be done at home too....I'm just not sure I want to be a CPA.... :lmao:

My old job ruined me for Corporate America....but I did hear some good news yesterday....Went to Walmart after PT for cat food & saw a former coworker who told me that my former Satan-evil boss was fired!

jenscats5 said:
My old job ruined me for Corporate America....but I did hear some good news yesterday....Went to Walmart after PT for cat food & saw a former coworker who told me that my former Satan-evil boss was fired!
I thought you were going to say you saw the light at the end of the tunnel and was looking at switching careers to being a greeter at Walmart. Afterall they have those carts you could sit in and ride around in :)

Top Bottom