Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Jenscats Countdown to Competition Log

Friday June 3

**Low carb day!!**

Waking Temp: 97.4 (7:30am)
Weight: 137.4

**Took temp at 7:30 & went back to sleep till 8:30am

9:15am
1 Turkey Burger patty
1 egg yolk + 6 egg whites + 1/4 cup bell pepper
1 Diet Pepsi

Scrip w/meal

10:15am
1 tsp (5g) creatine in water + 1 Stacker

Last edited:
jenscats5 said:
Friday June 3

**Low carb day!!**

1 Turkey Burger patty
1 Diet Pepsi

Scrip w/meal

~ 10:50am -- Drove to gym (raining)
Chest
Incline BB Chest Press: warmup with bar only -- 2x10; 25lbs - 1x8; 30lbs - 1x8, 1x8, 1x8 (weight listed is plates added only, not including bar weight)
Flat Bench Press: 30lbs - 1x8, 40lbs - 1x8, 60lbs - 1x8, 1x8
(again, weight listed doesn't include the bar weight)
Incline Flyes Palms Facing: 25lb DBs -- 1x12, 1x12, 1x12
Lower Cable Pulls: 20lbs each side -- 1x12, 1x12, 1x12
Cardio
Elliptical -- 35 minutes; adjusted intensity, speed as I went

HR monitor shows 477 cals burned

12:10pm
PWO shake: 1/2 cup skim milk + water + 1 tsp Instant Espresso Powder + 1 scoop Sportpharma Choc. protein powder

1:15pm
1 Cardio Breeze

**50.7 oz of water so far

Last edited:
****sigh******

My first restaurant experience on a contest diet!! :rolleyes:

Another coworker of the Hub got a promotion so they are having a lunch for her at a restaurant -- I have to go as she specifically asked me to be there......

I'm supposed to have for meal 3: chicken (6.75oz) lettuce, tomato, cucumber + 1 tblsp safflower oil.

Think I can get away with this?? 2 side orders grilled chicken, SouthWestern salad -- romaine, iceberg, pico de gallo, jalapenos, avocado -- I'm going to ask for it with NO cheese, dressing or tortilla crisps. I'm bringing my own dressing or I'll just eat it plain with the avocado for fat.

If you are stressing out about this at this many weeks out, you've got a challenge on your hands.

If its a salad just eat around the stuff. Make sure the dressing is on the side. Better, you can get a chicken sandwich, tell them to grill the chicken plain (often the seasoning is full of salt-- and in a salad the chicken is usually already prepared & pre-sliced so you sort of can't even wipe stuff off), pull off the bread, no stuff on it, and side of steamed broccoli. But be very explicit about having stuff prepared plain. Tell them you have allergies -- some how if you don't give a reason they seem to ignore your request like you are some sort of eccentric nut case who gets off on making other people's lives tedious. The more parts of the food you have control over how they prepare it, the easier it is.

The time to start worrying about restaurant food is at around 5 weeks out. Baiscally no more restaurants unless absolute emergency.

Sassy69 said:
If you are stressing out about this at this many weeks out, you've got a challenge on your hands.

If its a salad just eat around the stuff. Make sure the dressing is on the side. Better, you can get a chicken sandwich, tell them to grill the chicken plain (often the seasoning is full of salt-- and in a salad the chicken is usually already prepared & pre-sliced so you sort of can't even wipe stuff off), pull off the bread, no stuff on it, and side of steamed broccoli. The more parts of the food you have control over how they prepare it, the easier it is.

Well, I'm not really stressing out -- but I want to make a good choice without having to bring my own.....they do grill their chicken to order there -- so I'll ask for it plain......

Just in general I would say be aware of the types of options you usually have available at a restaurant. I used to always think in terms of salads, but unless its something fancy & high priced like a "Grilled Salmon & Baby Spinach Salad with light raspberry vinaigrette", the salad stuff is usually iceberg lettuce (nutritionally useless) and cukes, onions, carrots, tomatoes -- all high sugar veggies. And then the dressing. Depends on what they have. I can't chew on lettuce plain & I'm not a huge fan of just lemon juice. Vinegar & oil is good, but sometimes I just dont' want that much fat.

Also the plan entree servings of chicken, fish, steak tend to get expensive so if they have a sandwich offering, get that and you have the same freedom to ask for the meat to be prepared a certain way with nothign on the sandwich itself. And then you can also get a side of steamed broccoli, beans or whatever --- so there you have a little wider selection than just the salad.

Sassy69 said:
Just in general I would say be aware of the types of options you usually have available at a restaurant. I used to always think in terms of salads, but unless its something fancy & high priced like a "Grilled Salmon & Baby Spinach Salad with light raspberry vinaigrette", the salad stuff is usually iceberg lettuce (nutritionally useless) and cukes, onions, carrots, tomatoes -- all high sugar veggies. And then the dressing. Depends on what they have. I can't chew on lettuce plain & I'm not a huge fan of just lemon juice. Vinegar & oil is good, but sometimes I just dont' want that much fat.

Also the plan entree servings of chicken, fish, steak tend to get expensive so if they have a sandwich offering, get that and you have the same freedom to ask for the meat to be prepared a certain way with nothign on the sandwich itself. And then you can also get a side of steamed broccoli, beans or whatever --- so there you have a little wider selection than just the salad.

Wow!! Thanks for the tips Sassy -- really good ones.... :heart: Thank you!

What's *interesting* is that Fred wanted me for that meal to have romaine + tomatoes + cucumbers.......

I think I did well. They sell grilled chicken as a side order for $3. I *grilled* the bartender on how it's prepared. :lmao:

jenscats5 said:
Friday June 3

**Low carb day!!**

1 Turkey Burger patty
1 Diet Pepsi

Scrip w/meal

~ 10:50am -- Drove to gym (raining)
Chest
Incline BB Chest Press: warmup with bar only -- 2x10; 25lbs - 1x8; 30lbs - 1x8, 1x8, 1x8 (weight listed is plates added only, not including bar weight)
Flat Bench Press: 30lbs - 1x8, 40lbs - 1x8, 60lbs - 1x8, 1x8
(again, weight listed doesn't include the bar weight)
Incline Flyes Palms Facing: 25lb DBs -- 1x12, 1x12, 1x12
Lower Cable Pulls: 20lbs each side -- 1x12, 1x12, 1x12
Cardio
Elliptical -- 35 minutes; adjusted intensity, speed as I went

HR monitor shows 477 cals burned

12:10pm
PWO shake: 1/2 cup skim milk + water + 1 tsp Instant Espresso Powder + 1 scoop Sportpharma Choc. protein powder

1:15pm
1 Cardio Breeze

**50.7 oz of water so far

2:00 - 2:30pm --> 1 Animal Pak (took a while to get these down)

2:30pm
**Restaurant**
2 side orders grilled chicken (about 6oz.) [verified they don't cook it w/oil]
~ 3 cups shredded romaine + sliced jalapenos + pico de gallo
1 Tblsp Safflower oil + Red Wine vinegar (brought from home)
**96oz of water with meal

**146.7oz of water so far today (not including water with shakes/soda/tea)

5pm
1 large mug Caffeine Free Cinnamon Apple Zinger hot tea
(0 values on everything per label)
2 Packets Splenda

6pm
1 oz whole half-salted almonds
1 Diet 7UP

**Feeling slightly crappy -- almost light-headed & very, very tired....

7:30pm
3.5 oz shrimp + 1 cup broccoli florets + 1 cup asparagus
Liberal amounts of hot sauce + Mrs Dash + pepper

1 serving liquid Gluc/Chon/MSM combo....blech!!

9:30pm
Protein Shake: 2 scoops Sportpharma Choc. PP + ice + water
2 tblsp Chunky ANPB (damn but THAT was gooooooood!!)

Totals: 1686 cals, 69g fat/37% (12g sat/7%, 21g poly/12%, 24g mono/13%), 53g carbs/9% (ugh!!), 17g fiber, 223g protein/54%

Last edited:
Top Bottom