Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

iron game, daeo, slin experts, quick question...........

deppnade

went to pharmacy and was able to get humalog over the counter for 49.99 as opposed to humalin r for 25 beans, so i got the humalog
not only did i talk to the pharmacist i read the insert, both saying after 28 days to throw out what is left, and it also said it can be left at room temperature once opened, the bottle that is as well as "the dart u take with you to the gym"........what do u think about that?? it makes sense because they sell that humalog pen that u can keep in ur pocket when you go out, and that is obviously not being refrigerated because ur pocket isnt at refrigerator temperature last time i checked.......

also, iron game, i know u are using slin, are u taking in 2 meals according to the humalog?? in other words, taking the shot, then having a shake or whatever, then waiting an hour and having one more?? cause i am having a mass fuel(100 gram carbs and 51 protein as well as added glutamine and creatine i put in), then waiting an hour, then having a myoplex (1.5 grams fat, 25 carbs, 42 protein as well as added carbs), then a meal after that where i dont worry about fats really, how is that???

also, i took 7 ius, didnt feel alot, then went to 10 didnt feel alot, so i might go up to 13 or so, what do u think????what was the general rule again?? 1 unit for every what amount of bodyweight???

thanks

Deppnade said:
went to pharmacy and was able to get humalog over the counter for 49.99 as opposed to humalin r for 25 beans, so i got the humalog
not only did i talk to the pharmacist i read the insert, both saying after 28 days to throw out what is left, and it also said it can be left at room temperature once opened, the bottle that is as well as "the dart u take with you to the gym"........what do u think about that?? it makes sense because they sell that humalog pen that u can keep in ur pocket when you go out, and that is obviously not being refrigerated because ur pocket isnt at refrigerator temperature last time i checked.......

also, iron game, i know u are using slin, are u taking in 2 meals according to the humalog?? in other words, taking the shot, then having a shake or whatever, then waiting an hour and having one more?? cause i am having a mass fuel(100 gram carbs and 51 protein as well as added glutamine and creatine i put in), then waiting an hour, then having a myoplex (1.5 grams fat, 25 carbs, 42 protein as well as added carbs), then a meal after that where i dont worry about fats really, how is that???

also, i took 7 ius, didnt feel alot, then went to 10 didnt feel alot, so i might go up to 13 or so, what do u think????what was the general rule again?? 1 unit for every what amount of bodyweight???

thanks

I assume the reason that they say to throw the insulin out after 28 days is because after 28 days with no refrigeration insulin does go bad(so to speak). Think about it, what better way to sell more insulin. Tell the consumer it doesn't need refrigerated and that it goes bad after 28 days. Hmmm. The humalog pen is a different story. Most diabetics will use up a pen in a matter of days. Hence no need for refrigeration. They also assume that you won't be leaving the insulin inside of a car or other environment with no cooling. All in all it makes sense to refrigerate your insulin. Why not? It's not like the freaking thing takes up the whole fridge.

About the fats issue. I'd worry about fats 2 hours before my shot and at least 4 hours after a shot of humalog(6 if I were using Humilin-R).

And finally about your dosing, I wouldn't jump for 10 to 13 ius just yet. You may think it's a small increase, but it's not. Go up 1 iu at a time and see how you feel each time. There's no set dosage for anyone(although I don't feel the need to go about 15 ius). Good luck to you in your insulin adventures. Stay safe buddy. I'd hate to see LiStacked without a dancing partner... ;)

I am by no means an expert on slin so your best bet is to ask the likes of the good man above as well as IronMaster, AnabolicDiabetic, Lawnsaver and many others that have been using it for a number of years on this board.

I am using the pens, 300ius in total and its good because you cannot overdose and each time you use it the measurements are spot on.

I started on Tuesday and am already up 7lbs. I have also been training very light due to an injury that left me in serious pain and forced me to come off my cycle :(

What I do is just before my workout I buy an Ultra Fuel (Twinlab) drink 500mls 100 grams of carbs (10ius). This should be enough for the first 15 mins meal after the shot but every other guy has a different method. With this drink I mix 10 grams of creatine in there and shake it. At about 12 mins I start drinking it and by 20 minutes its all gone.

I then get home about 30 minutes later, I make up a protein shake (80 grams protein, 1 gram fat, 15 gram carbs) and by the time its made its 40 minutes after injection. I then slowly drink this and wait for another 30 minutes before getting some food ready.

I always have my glucose tablets on hand and so far am up to 10 ius a day with no problems. I havent even felt like I have injected myself with slin so far :)

Tomorrow im gonna shoot 5 ius when I wake up and again 10 ius post workout.

I love this shit :D

Im also on 25mcgs t3 daily
2 tabs clen pre workout
250mgs enanthate (once a week)
200mgs eq (once a week)

Eq and test maintainance as well as to help with the the t3

go back and tell your pharmacist to go back to school cuz he is a stupid fuck..

1. humalog must be kept in the fridge even before you open the shit.

2. even after you pop it open and take your first shot the bottle will be good till the exp date on the bottle which should be a couple years...

stupid fucking idiots...not you..the pharmacist

This has been discussed many times before...Humalog doesn't need to be refridgerated if you're going to use it all relatively quickly(i.e. within a month at the most IMO). If you are going to store the insulin, it MUST be refridgerated- PERIOD. One simple trick...pre-fill a bunch of needles yourself and store them in the fridge. Take one with you to the gym or wherever and then you won't have any worries. Stored insulin COLD, usage insulin ROOM TEMP.

Your post slin meal should be high GI carbs and protein followed by a similiar meal an hour later or as symptoms show up. If you're keeping fat very low, keep in mind that this can increase the risk of hypoglycemia later since fats are normally the slowest and most consistent breakdown to sugar.

Like others have said here...don't just jump up to 13iu. When you get to the upper limits of your dosage, you should increase by 1 unit at a time because the threshold between the right dose and an over-dose gets smaller as you near your tolerance.

ad

when i bought my bot of humalog it was out of the pharm fridg...like you said once you open it you must keep it in the fridge...and it should be ok until it expires..correct?

yes...with consistent refridg. the slin is good till the expiration date on the bottle. However, the new slin out called "Lantus" which bb'ers wouldn't be interested in(24 hour duration) I believe is only good for about a month whether you keep it cool or not.

thanks for the responses guys, today i took 12 units of humalog after doing legs and drank a 100 gram carb shake with 50 grams of protein made in a 20 gram carb drink, then ate dinner about 1.5 hours after shot, chicken and pasta and some rice and milk and water.......

i am taking in GH, and i have read that GH plays around with ur insulin sensitivity, i think this is the case, because at 12 units i still havent even come close in my opinion to any of those symptoms, im also 250 lbs, so that could be a reason........ i know ull all yell at me but tomorrow after shoulders ill inject 15 units and take in 150 carbs, im sure ill be ok, ill tell you what happens...........

anabolic diabetic, how does one know they have reached their insulin threshhold postworkout??? i would assume u could keep taking in the 10:1 carb to unit of slin ratio and ull always be ok, how would i know i have reached my threshhold?? ill take in that 10:1 ratio and keep uping the units, how do i know when it is my limit???

thanks iron, appreciate all ur help as well............

and daeo, what would WANNABE LIstacked be without his dancing partner?? ill see u soon at the factory bro, and ill even buy u a protein shake......sick :)

AnabolicDiabetic said:
yes...with consistent refridg. the slin is good till the expiration date on the bottle. However, the new slin out called "Lantus" which bb'ers wouldn't be interested in(24 hour duration) I believe is only good for about a month whether you keep it cool or not.
does this mean that as long as it is in the fridge after i open it i can keep taking out units and bringing them with me and leaving the syringe in the car like i have been doing?? or should i get a new bottle after a month, which i dont feel like doing, what if the pharmacist realizes it is illegal OTC......

Dep...you will begin to find out what your threshold is when you start to feel the symptoms of hypoglycemia. These include: nervousness, sweating, shaking/tremors, weakness in the muscles, subtle changes in vision etc. When you get these symptoms in a mild manner, you've reached your limit. As soon as you see symptoms, you must eat simple high GI carbs immediately.

The GH will increase your tolerance for slin which probably accounts for the higher dosages you are tolerating. Be careful if you do slin without the GH in the future though because you will have to adjust your doses.

Your slin in the fridge will be fine until the expiration date on the bottle. Keep bringing the pre-loaded syringes with you and leave the other slin in the fridge.

Good luck, BE CAREFUL- AD

Top Bottom