Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Interesting discussion on muscltalk by "TheDoctor" about using nolvadex to treat gyno

Lift Chief

Buy Nolvadex to treat Gyno

He is a doctor who helps out with certain issues over on the UK board muscletalk. I found this very interesting- hope you guys do as well- and i hope this has not already been covered 1,000 times:

I am familiar with study 4,and use this as the Tamoxifen/gyno gold standard study in terms of reasonable number of patients and study design.

Clomiphene in the treatment of adolescent gynecomastia. Clinical and endocrine studies.
Plourde PV, Kulin HE, Santner SJ.

Conclusion:
Clomiphene citrate 50 mg/day-results not significant

Effects of Tamoxifen on lipid profile and coagulation parameters in male patients with pubertal gynecomastia.
Novoa FJ, Boronat M, Carrillo A, Tapia M, Diaz-Cremades J, Chirino R.

Conclusion: Some good effects on lipids

Treatment of gynecomastia with Tamoxifen: a double-blind crossover study.
Parker LN, Gray DR, Lai MK, Levin ER.

Excellent study design,shame they didnt have more subjects.
Conclusion:
70% showed significant improvement of gyno(but none got rid of it)
10% developed gyno symptoms after Tamoxifen stopped
Need to repeat study and run Tamoxifen for longer than a month.

Comparison of Tamoxifen with danazol in the management of idiopathic gynecomastia.
Ting AC, Chow LW, Leung YF.

Another excellent(and my favourite study on this topic)
78% "cured" with Tamoxifen
40% "cured" with danazol
However higher recurrence rate(22%)of gyno after Tamoxifen stopped.

Tamoxifen for flutamide/finasteride-induced gynecomastia.
Staiman VR, Lowe FC.

CONCLUSIONS:
Good results but talks about gyno symptoms(pain)as opposed to gyno
mass

An endocrinological study of persistent pubertal macromastia.
Aritaki S, Miyazawa H, Ogihara M, Ushio M, Izumizawa A.

Interesting study.
No significant results.

[Treatment of marked gynecomastia in puberty with Tamoxifen]
[Article in German]
Konig R, Schonberger W, Neumann P, Benes P, Grimm W.

10 boys were treated with the Tamoxifen (Nolvadex) at a dose of 20-40 mg/d orally for 2-12 months.
In most cases the gynecomastia decreased totally, only two patients experienced palpable subareolar glandular tissue at the end

Conclusion:
Bit vague in how many got rid of gyno.
20% still had/or gyno came back after treatment

Danazol therapy in gynaecomastia; recent experience and indications for therapy.
Buckle R.

Not ideal for BBers,inhibits pituitary hormones.

[Testosterone and estradiol levels in male gynecomastia. Clinical and endocrine findings during treatment with Tamoxifen]]

14/16(88%)gyno partially or fully regressed.
2(12%)no effect on gyno
No recurrence.

SUMMARY
From the above studies:
For established gyno
20mg Tamoxifen]
2 to 3 months

Average
75% chance of regression or complete resolution
20% chance it will come back again.

In addition I would presume you would only get these results when you are not on AS and could reoccur again on next cycle.

--he also said he has not seen any studies to indicate that topical DHT works to reduce gyno. Doesn't mean it won't work just that he hasnt seen it.

Last edited by a moderator:
nolva will reduce localized water retention and swelling in a similar manner to andractim and yohimburn, but it cannot reduce the glandular mass which is most responsible for the pointy nipples.

Bump good post bro! I always knew that long term treatment with nolvadex would decrease gyno. It makes sense if you think about it. I will be doing this next year for 6 months while off cycle.

icelandic said:
nolva will reduce localized water retention and swelling in a similar manner to andractim and yohimburn, but it cannot reduce the glandular mass which is most responsible for the pointy nipples.

That's true- nothing can really be done if it's a hard mass under the nipple. But i know a lot of us here have just localized swelling and fat deposits under the nipple. And if that's the case this may help :)

icelandic said:

Not true. I've personally experienced a reduction in glandular tissue while on Nolvadex. I'm not talking about water retention or fat either.

icelandic said:
Really, How long were you on until you noticed a reduction?

I was in the 3rd week of a sust/dbol/decca cycle when I noticed my preexisting gyno from childhood had gotten bigger. It went from being absolutley unnoticeable to slightly noticeable. Note, I had no itchiness, pain etc. That came about a week later. I quit the dbol and got some Nolvadex. The pain stopped after about 2-3 days with the Nolvadex and then after about 2 weeks @ 40mg/ED it had reduced to it's original size. I continued with the sust/dbol and never had any more problems. I now include Nolvadex in every cycle.

Top Bottom