Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

To Intensify Or Not To

##spiderbaby##

When I workout I rest no more than 30 seconds between sets usually 15 seconds. I workout continually for an hour straight with weights always in the 6-10 rep range then I run or ride or ellipse for 30-45 minutes 5 days a week.

I have never rested more than that between sets and I go right on to the next exercise. I don’t drink water I don’t walk around I just workout hard for an hour and I am sweating profusely the whole time. I drip allover the gym floor and my shirt, socks, and pants are soaked.

I am starting to wonder if I should ease the intensity factor down a bit. I say this because strength gains come s-l-o-w-l-y for me unless I'm taking fina :)D ).

What would you do?

I do not want to "bulk" up but I do want some more size and strength but I don’t want the fat or water smooth muscles.
I am 5'10" about 170(which no one believes that’s all I weigh) and I am guessing
9-10%BF. You can see all my abs and obliques but they are not shreaded.

Anyway the question remains- What would you do?

##spiderbaby##

Your suppose to rest between a minute and half to two minutes. You may be pushing to hard. Your muscled need some time to re-coop after a set.

thats a pretty intense workout. do you have problems keeping weight on. if you want to start adding mass, i would go about 2 min. recovery and start doing heavier sets. i like 5x5 and 6x3 sets for heavy weight on major muscles. i stay with reps of 8-10 on auxillaries. i find walking to the water fountain and coming straight back is about the right recovery time. just my opinion.

rest a little bit more bro. everyone is different in how fast they can recover in between sets. a good amount though would be 60-90 seconds in between sets for smaller muscle groups and 90 second up to 2 minutes for larger. again, everyone is different but this should be a good amount for u to adequately recover in between sets which will therefore let you increase your strength. bro u also said u dont drink water. big no no!!! u want to keep yourself hydrated the whole time. being dehydrated when working out decreases strenght and endurance big time.

I do not seem to get thirsty during my workouts. I drink about 2 quarts of water right before I workout.

My problem is I get bored as hell sitting there. If I'm not a sweating mess then I dont feel like I am pushing myself.

Yea, putting on size is a problem for me even with 300g of protien a day. I am starting to think it because of my workouts. Hell I dont even get sore anymore unless I do squats. I can deadlift 400 pounds all day long and not get sore.

Maybe I need to start listening to classical music during workouts.;)

##spiderbaby##

Recuperation of the phosphagen system takes 120 seconds. That is what I base my work to rest ratio off of. If it takes thirty seconds to run a set I rest for two minutes.

Everything looks good. As far the weight gain i would increase my calories, but continuing to eat right. Try resting for 2 minutes.

As of tomorrow I am going to try the resting 2 minute thing for 4 weeks. I will let you guys know how it goes.

Glofer- I get about 4500 calories a day and 300g of protien.
I dont think I can eat anymore- :D

##spiderbaby##

Top Bottom