Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Insurance wouldn't pay for bloodwork

enacer420nj

I called my docs office to get a script to have blood taken and told them what I wanted. They wouldnt include prostate and test levels due to my age, (27) said insurance wouldnt pay. I wanted to get levels checked before I started my next cycle. They are doing

Basic Metabolic Panel
Hepatic Function Panel
Lipid Panel
CBC w Diff W Plt

Im kinda pissed I wanted to know what my levels are....

Yeah - my reg doc sucks about that too. You'd think it was coming directly out of their pocket. I pay out of my pocked with privatemdlabs.com.

centy said:
Yeah - my reg doc sucks about that too. You'd think it was coming directly out of their pocket. I pay out of my pocked with privatemdlabs.com.

How are they? Which tests do you get and how much does it cost total

Well, it ain't exactly cheap, but I think it's definitely worth it. If you ala carte everything, you can easily spend a grand. For the bare bones test it's about $230.

- Complete Blood Count w/ Differential
- Healthy Heart Cholesterol Profile
- Liver Function Profile
- Kidney Function Profile
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
- Serum Iron
- Complete Urinalysis Profile
- Serum Electrolytes
I add in
Testosterone, Serum, Free and Total

LH and E are like $40 each if I recall. You give them a CC and pick a LabCorp, etc near you. They email you the order. You print it out and take it in. Pee & bleed. Results are emailed to you in a couple of days.

Why would the insurance company pay for your to have your levels testes for fun?

You must have misunderstood what insurance is for.

centy said:
Well, it ain't exactly cheap, but I think it's definitely worth it. If you ala carte everything, you can easily spend a grand. For the bare bones test it's about $230.

- Liver Function Profile
- Serum Iron
- Serum Electrolytes
I add in
Testosterone, Serum, Free and Total

LH and E are like $40 each if I recall. You give them a CC and pick a LabCorp, etc near you. They email you the order. You print it out and take it in. Pee & bleed. Results are emailed to you in a couple of days.

So that total cost is $360? Just checking cause I'm probably gonna get some test done soon. It's definately more expensive in Canada.

Deluxe Checkup $119.99
- Liver Function Profile
- Serum Iron
- Serum Electrolytes

Testosterone (Free), Serum With Total $112.99

Testosterone, Free and Weakly Bound $82.99

Testosterone, Total, Serum $47.99

Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA) $49.00

Thyroxine (T4) Free, Direct $89.99

Tri-iodothyronine (T3) Total $47.99

Prolactin $45.00

Luteinizing Hormone (LH) $47.99

Estradiol $47.99

Cortisol, Serum $97.99

Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) Sulfate $94.99

Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) $159.99

There's hundreds more tests you can order. (Not sure how it works in Canada. I'd call and ask.)

Here's a new one that they just added:

Anabolic Steroid Panel

Description: Our anabolic steroid test panel can be used as an initial screen to determine if anti-aging treatment with bioidentical hormone replacement is needed and to monitor safety during ongoing treatment.

The panel includes the following tests:

- Dihydrotestosterone (DHT)
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
- Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA)
- Estradiol
- Testosterone (Free), Serum With Total
- Lipid Profile
- Insulin Growth Factor (IGF-1)
- Sex Hormone Binding Globulin, Serum

Significant deviations from the normal range may require further evaluation by your physician.

Includes: Dihydrotestosterone (DHT), serum; Hematocrit; hemoglobin; mean corpuscular volume (MCV); mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH); mean corpuscular hemoglobin concentration (MCHC); red cell distribution width (RDW); percentage and absolute differential counts; platelet count; red cell count; white blood cell count; A:G ratio; albumin, serum; alkaline phosphatase, serum; ALT (SGPT); AST (SGOT); bilirubin, total; BUN; BUN:creatinine ratio; calcium, serum; carbon dioxide, total; chloride, serum; creatinine, serum; globulin, total; glucose, serum; potassium, serum; protein, total, serum; sodium, serum; Creatine Kinase (CK), Total, serum; Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA), Serum;

Patient Instructions: Patient should fast for 12 hours preceding collection of specimen. For accurate test results, no ejaculation during the 24 hours preceding the test.

Categories: Hormones and Metabolism, Drug Screening

Price: $499.99

MorganKane said:
Why would the insurance company pay for your to have your levels testes for fun?

You must have misunderstood what insurance is for.

You getting wise? Its part of my yearly physical.

the_alcatraz said:
So that total cost is $360? Just checking cause I'm probably gonna get some test done soon. It's definately more expensive in Canada.

You must live in an igloo bro, that shit doesn't cost me a cent.

Top Bottom