Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is insulin really good for bodybuilding?

gorillahung

First, I'm a type 2 diabetic. I take Lantus at 10 units daily (a small dose). Lantus is a long acting insulin that works for almost 24 hours. I was talking to my primary physician about insulin use among bodybuilders. He said that it is a very anabolic hormone but it can also put on fat just as easy as it puts on muscle. I'm wondering how top bodybuilders use it and stay lean. I don't think it's a drug that I would take if I wasn't diabetic. My doc said that you can get a similar insulin shut down if you take it without a medical need. You can cause yourself to become diabetic. Trust me, diabetes is a horrible disease. It's one that will slowly kill you. What do you guys think about insulin use? How about long acting insulins like Lantus? I lost a lot of weight recently and got off the insulin for a while but I'm back taking a very small dose.

I've seen lots of different things happen with insulin. some guys take it and put on a lot of fat, some guys put on a lot of muscle.. some guys it doesn't do much

from a medical standpoint your doctor is incorrect when he says you will become diabetic from using insulin. it is just like the theory that if you take T3 you will shut down your thyroid permanently. ask him to site his source when he makes those bold opinions. however from experience of others guys who start abusing insulin may become diabetics later in life, but that is just because of their sheer size and mass. and guys who abuse T3 end up needing it for life in some instances because they simply refuse to come off and don't want to go through that suppression

the pro's will want to take advantage of every meal they eat, so yeah they will use insulin to help shuttle in nutrients in the muscles. the reason they don't get fat is because they are first off genetically gifted, they are using other things to help burn fat, and they eat very clean. if you eat sloppy while on insulin you are more likely to gain fat.

i used insulin myself a couple times. my results on it were poor, and it was just a lot of stress for nothing. i won't use it again. there is a supplement called n2slin from n2bm that is natural which will help shuttle in nutrients into the muscles and also block fat storage. this is actually what i use daily

In 99% of causes insulin will actually do more harm then good because it'll increase the size of your waist line.

I can tell you genuinely as someone who helps pros with their drug cycles and has used insulin personally, it's really not that great of a drug. Most people will just get fat from it. The only people who really benefit from it are really skinny guys who struggle to eat enough. Insulin will shuttle glucose into muscle cells and allow them to eat another meal sooner then without the insulin. Besides that the only other time I would recommend someone use insulin would be when carb loading the last couple of days before a bodybuilding show.

If you want to try insulin, only use it a couple days per week so you don't develop insulin resistance and blow out your waist line. I would take it post workout and immediately after drink a shake with whey isolate and a carb powder. 60 minutes after that eat a high protein high carb low fat meal like tuna, rice and asparagus.

I would also use insulin sensitivity supplements with your insulin day to increase muscle insulin sensitivity and prevent fat gain. I really like the supplement n2slin from n2bm.com along with cinnamon and fish oil.

I definitely do not use or recommend insulin use. It is just way too dangerous. Think about it this way.......is it really worth the risks for a few extra pounds of muscle?

Usually bodybuilders use quick acting insulin and try to time it around meals.

They dont mess with long acting one, as dosages might get high and they would not want to get hypo while asleep.

In your case, when you dont produce any insulin yourself (given your diabetic), long acting insulin is not that much of a risk. Plus I assume dosages are chosen appropriately.

Top Bottom