Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

insulin preworkout

juicin'since17

does insulin make anybody else here feel like shit? noprob with after my workout , but if i use it before i just get very tired. its novolog, and im taking a ton of sugar with it preworkout. maybe all those sugary carbs are tiring me out? im not one of those guys who does one set per exercise, i like to train- so maybe thats the problem. anyone else get tired like this and what can i do to make this work?

Novolog is very fast acting (within 15 minutes), this is most likely why you feel like shit during your workout. You are dropping too low in your sugar between Novalog and training hard. You might want to wait til the last few sets to take Novalog in the bathroom at the gym or switch to Humulin R for before workouts.

thanks for the quick response.i was using the humilin r post workout and i didnt like the way it was sneaking up on me. now if i take it right before i train ( the humilin r), should i down a bunch of carbs right there or sip on a carb drink/ thruout the workout? does 10iu of humilin r preworkout and 10 iu of novolog after sound right? even if i do everything right will the insulin preworkout increase or decrease my intesity/drive? i get a runners high when i lift, i totally zone out-- dont want anything to mess with that

time_activity.gif

Humulin R has a small peak at 30 minutes after the injection that some people notice but most don't. Its peak activity is between two and four hours after the shot. If you inject then work-out for an hour, you still have an entire hour to get carbs into your bloodstream. Humulin gives you plenty of time to use it safely. If the Novolog is like Humalog, which peaks strongly between one and two hours, I'd either inject after working-out or inject before while drinking my shake or a sweet drink during my work-out.

Attached is the graph of the activity of several insulins so you can see for yourself and decide.

Top Bottom