Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Insulin for pre-contest carb loading

themuscle98

Plat Hero
Platinum
Whatsup guys, first I’ll say I love elite fitness you guys are the most helpful out there!
Secondly , I have a question about insulin. I have experience with rapid acting and short acting insulin.
So i have nationals coming up in 3 weeks and I haven’t used insulin all prep. The last show I did I was a little flat even though I managed to pull off a qualification. So my question is, if I decided to use insulin to carb load, do any of you have a protocol for a short acting insulin like humulin R?
I don’t go 0 carbs before hand I go as low as 80g a day and this time maybe as low as 60 but never zero. I start carb loading on Tuesday and showday is Friday. Would you start the insulin the day before and morning of or just the morning of . Prejudging is 9 am and I normally get in 3 meals with 60g carbs each before hand.

I’d like to add I know rapid is better but I don’t have access to it so Humulin is all I can get.

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness

there are a ton of protocol ratios online to take a look at when it comes to insulin vs. carbs

however i would implore you to never use insulin without hgh in high amounts, otherwise you will just get fat

I had that in the back of my mind , thank you

Whatsup guys, first I’ll say I love elite fitness you guys are the most helpful out there!
Secondly , I have a question about insulin. I have experience with rapid acting and short acting insulin.
So i have nationals coming up in 3 weeks and I haven’t used insulin all prep. The last show I did I was a little flat even though I managed to pull off a qualification. So my question is, if I decided to use insulin to carb load, do any of you have a protocol for a short acting insulin like humulin R?
I don’t go 0 carbs before hand I go as low as 80g a day and this time maybe as low as 60 but never zero. I start carb loading on Tuesday and showday is Friday. Would you start the insulin the day before and morning of or just the morning of . Prejudging is 9 am and I normally get in 3 meals with 60g carbs each before hand.

I’d like to add I know rapid is better but I don’t have access to it so Humulin is all I can get.

you should always keep quick carbs on hand

i dont support insulin use but since you compete you can do insulin the morning of so easier to control

if you use insulin the day before you might get real bloated and overspill

its easy to overspill if you do it too far out

best thing is 2 weeks out to test this on the weekend and see how you do

I've loaded with insulin for jr nationals
overspill for sure 100% of the time

if you carb load with insulin check if it works for you around 4 weeks out

I started doing no diuretics no insulin and keeping real dry 2 weeks out

Top Bottom