Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Instant Lump on my ass!

damescleman

Just finished taking two shots. The first one went in fine w/ no problems. When I pulled out though blood kinda dripped out steadily for a little while. I just figured that I went through a vein. The second one when I aspirated it, I drew blood. I stuck it in again and checked and it was ok then I shot it. Then I noticed that in the spot where I shot the first one, there's a lump now. Is this just because I probably hit a vein??? :confused:

You probably didn't hit anything that just happens sometimes. Next time make sure that the pin goes in straight and inject slowly. You may have went in on an angle and some oil may be trapped in your subcutanous fat outside the muscle, this won't hurt you either it just takes longer to work. For glutes a 1.5 inch pin works best.

It's possible you didn't inject deeply enough or you could of had a reaction like cellitus. Clean the area real thoroughly and keep an eye on it, maybe pop a Benedryl, particularly if it itches or is discolored at all. Abcesses resulting from infection usually don't occur right away.

When I whack a blood vessel or a nerve, I will experience that instant lump at the inj. site.
That is just me though.

That happened to me last week...I got the feeling it was pooled oil, so I massaged it with alot of pressure and it went down. I must have dispersed the oil. This is why you massage the injection site after a shot...to minimize pain, and disperse the oil.

liftsiron said:
You probably didn't hit anything that just happens sometimes. Next time make sure that the pin goes in straight and inject slowly. You may have went in on an angle and some oil may be trapped in your subcutanous fat outside the muscle, this won't hurt you either it just takes longer to work. For glutes a 1.5 inch pin works best.

yes... he probably did hit a vein.. he has blood running out his ass.

PimpnAintEasy said:
It's possible you didn't inject deeply enough or you could of had a reaction like cellitus. Clean the area real thoroughly and keep an eye on it, maybe pop a Benedryl, particularly if it itches or is discolored at all. Abcesses resulting from infection usually don't occur right away.

you cannot develop cellulitis instantaneously.. and benadryl would only help if it was a allergic reaction, not an infection

jersey boy said:
When I whack a blood vessel or a nerve, I will experience that instant lump at the inj. site.
That is just me though.

jersey boy is much closer, you get a lump after hitting a vein simply because you're bleeding in the injection site and a hematoma develops, but not after a hitting a nerve

you guys should refrain from giving medical advice if you don't know what you're talking about

you'll be fine damescleman

decem said:
you guys should refrain from giving medical advice if you don't know what you're talking about

you'll be fine damescleman
Why don't you read my post closer before you start talking down to me. Cellulitus is simply: An inflammantion of the cellular or areolar tissue, esp. of that lying immediately beneath the skin. I told him to consider taking a benedryl if it might be a allergic reaction, and that an infection would not occur immediately. A subcutaneous hematoma would be discolored (bruising) and probably the most simple to identify, so there is a good chance that isnt it genious. Why dont you fucking get your shit straight before telling other people not to respond. Some guys react allergically to injections and would swell or have cellulitus very soon after injection.

listen asshole.. i read your post. in fact i fucking quoted it. you told him to "take a benadryl particularly if it itches or is discolored at all" and you said that "abcesses resulting from infection usually don't occur right away" (1st - an abcess is an infection dickhead and 2nd - an infection doesn't occurr right away either).

listen little boy.. i've drawn thousands of blood samples (for tests such as HIV, CBC, Hematocrit, lipid profiles).
i've given thousands of subcutaneous, intra-muscular, intra-dermal injections. i've given 1cc shots of benadryl and epinephrine in the back of a hummer doing 30 through rough terrain while one of marines throat swelled shut due yo anaphylactic reaction caused by a centipede bite. i've sewn closed sutures on faces, fingers, hands, assess - both in the field and in garrison. i've given IV's to marines in the back of a hummer as they thrashed around calling me "mom" because their brain was frying due to their core temperature rising above 105 degrees. and i've done hundreds of I&D's on people who've had cellulitis on every concievable part of their body (it's a comm9on symptom of marine training due to days/weeks of hard training with no showers).

cellulitis doesn't happen in a matter of seconds, minutes, or hours you dick. and it's a subcutaneous hematoma you fucking idiot.

don't ever question my medical knowledge because you will lose.

Top Bottom