Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

injured tendon

_Yossarian_

I injured my tricep tendon right at the point of connection with the elbow about three months ago, and it still hurts. Not as bad as at the beginning but enough to prevent me from training my triceps, and its really starting to piss me off.
]
Has anyone else injured their tendon right at the elbow connection? Did it take a very long time to heal?

bro, ligament and tendon injuries can take months to heal, just go light and dont aggrevate it. unless its avulsed there isnt much you can do medically/surgically. I had a few nagging strains and sprains myself, and a damn wrist injury that took 6- 8months before it was back to 100%

injury

I have done the same thing in the past and found it took almost a year to fully recover. I was also ignorant and continued to work out. Be patient or else it will take longer. Motrin and ice is what worked best for me. ;)

The advil may actually help cause more damage, I wouldn't use it. Glucosamine/Chondroiton/MSM will speed up recovery but rest is the best solution.

ceo said:
800 mgs ibuprofen every 6 to 8 hours, and light training if any. If theres any pain there then stop working it.

And ice it at least once a day for about 30min. When you do tricepts, try wrapping a knee wrap around your elbow. It helps me out.

I did the same exact thing around 6 months ago and it still bothers me. First, forget your pride and go light for a while to rebuild the tendon and increase very gradually. If it bothers you after a workout hit it with ice for 15 - 20 mins. Also, provide extra days off between workouts that stress the triceps.

Phases of tendon injury:

Inflamation ( 1 - 2 weeks )
RICE
Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation

You are beyond this phase

Repair ( 4 - 6 weeks)
The body is rebuilding the damaged tendon. Light weights if any, stretching and lots of cardio. Tendons are avascular meaning they don't have a direct supply of blood making it difficult for them to get the nutrients they need. Cardio increases blood flow in the surrounding tissue areas and will speed up recovery.

Recontruction (3 - 6 months)
The tendon has been repaired however the new collagen fibers are not lined up propery. In order for the new collagen fibers to become stronger they need to by trained carefully to allign them.

Important: The most vulnerable time (and the time when most re-inuries occur) is when the pain subsides and you feel like you can train 100%. Be careful. Just because there is no more pain does not mean you are 100%!

ceo said:
800 mgs ibuprofen every 6 to 8 hours, and light training if any. If theres any pain there then stop working it.
No offense but this is a sure fire way to screw healing! Inflamation and the associated pain with tendon/ligament injuries is ESSENTIAL for proper healing. taking any anti-inflamatory will greatly lengthen the healing process if not totally prewvent it leaving you in a weakened and more vulnerable state. Tendon.ligament tissue has a turnover rate of 300-500 days, when injured and inflamed this time is greatly reduced, inflamation causes specific and essential reactions from the body and promotes healing.

RICE ice and compression also reduce blood flow and in turn reduce the ability of an area to heal. Use heat and motion to promote blood flow to get needed nutrients to the site to promote healing.

All this bullshit commonly recomened by docs nowdays is for COMFORT ONLY and is geared toward the average couch potato, if you concenred with healing and actually strengthened tendons ligaments stear clear.

For some more details read up at prolonews.com

Ditto what Zyg said.
RICE tends to inhibit normal healing. Prolotherapy is the treatment of choice for this type of tendon injury.

Top Bottom