Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Injured Pretty Bad, and depressed! 3 weeks into cycle! Why me??

Mavy

Super Human
Platinum
FUUUCK!!! I am not looking for sympathy, but I need to vent somewhere and somehow. I took a nasty mountain bike accident, and dislocated my shoulder, and broke my humerous (fractured dislocation - left side)). First time anything like this has ever happened to me.

Very painful. The doctors popped my shoulder back into place, and were going to operate (put a plate and screws in), but since it was such a straight break they said they couldnt fix it any better than how it would heal naturally. I am thankfull for that.

Anyways, to make a long storry short ... I was 3 weeks into an EQ and test cycle. I was just waiting for a nice kick to come in the next few weeks ... but instead I got this shit!! So .... I gave my remaining gear to a good friend (in exchange for some dvds since I am going to be a couch potato for a while), and I dont do anything all day except sit around in pain, taking T3s every 4 hours for the pain which dont do shit!

I wont be starting physio for 4-6 weeks depending. I am expected to make a 90% recovery for strength and range of motion. I am not expected to hit this 90% UNTILL 6 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!

If you havent had anything like this happen to you ... its REALLY DEPRESSING!. I had mnay training goals set in this time that I am not going to reach now. Some that I may not reach ever now. I dont know what to do? Should I just work out legs and abs when i get a little better? I was thinking on maybe turning into a cardio-bitch for a while see how low I can get my bf down to? Who knows .. one thing for sure is that I wont be lifting any heavy weights with my upper body. I am used to being very active.

To all of you healthy ones out there, take care of your bodies and yourselves. I really took my health for granted before this happened. On the bright side ,,, i guess it could have been a lot worse.

Advice...
-Strengthen them shoulders up (and warm up good, so you dont end up like me),
-play safe!
-wear helmet when biking.
-for pain relief when hurt, smoke weed instead of taking tylenol 3s (honestly, I dont usually smoke, but its the only thing that really works). T3s just constipate you!
- drink wine to sleep, couldnt sleep because of the pain, but the weed and wine are life savers, (plus a little buzz to take your mind off the pain and crappy situation).

Sorry for the long post guys, just so bored and shut in!
Take Care guys

Mavy

Yep!

Kinda weird, since I have never taken more than a month off from the gym in the past 5 years! Maybe the time-off will do me some good?

Cheers

Thanks dude! Makes me feel good when people say stuff like that! Looks like Ill have lots of more time I can spend posting on the board here, helping out some bros when they need it. Make some good use of my down time!

Cheers

Wow Quadsweep, I just read your entire post! Seems like I am going down your road!

How long did it end up taking you to heal? I read that you planned on working out everything except for you injured arm. I was thinking about doing this, but was unsure. How did it workout for you? Did you become very disproportioned? Did it take very long for the other side to catch up (strength, size?). I have to do somthing or i will go insane! I am still in shock that this has actually happened. I am raging inside! I should have stayed at home in bed that day that I wiped! I guess that I will pull through as always, just gotta be patient.

Great link man, gave me some hope and confidence!
Cheers Bro!

my re-re-attachment was on thursday! The unilateral training was going well though. On a little juice (get your shit back) and I do not seem to be losing much size! oh yeah did I mention.....GET YOUR JUICE BACK!

Quad

Quadsweep said:
my re-re-attachment was on thursday! The unilateral training was going well though. On a little juice (get your shit back) and I do not seem to be losing much size! oh yeah did I mention.....GET YOUR JUICE BACK!

Quad

Quad, in your opinion, do you think he should get his juice back?
;)
-B

Mavy, a lot of us have been there. Try a rotator cuff injury which takes 18 months to heal and is never back past 90%. What I've found is, try not to think about it. I would train everything I could that wasn't killing me with pain (after getting over the initial overall injury and starting rehab, etc.). I got my squat just over 500lbs while my rotator was messed up. Do your cardio, get your diet stricter than ever. You want to be primed for when you can get back to upper body training. Best of luck to ya bro.
-B

Top Bottom