Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Injection mistake... help

marvinjones11

[FONT=&quot]I have mistakenly injected half a cc too close to the surface of my quad. I only realized this after letting go of the pinched skin. I am no stranger to im injection and immediately realized that I fucked up. I have never had an infection issue or cyst or any other kind of issue from injection other than soreness. but now, after two days my skin is swollen, bright red and firm. Do I drain the fluid to avoid an issue? Should I wait? Should I get a hold of some antibiotics now? Surely this has happened to one of you before and you could share some insight.[/FONT]

Don't try draining it yourself, it will just cause way more issues. Go to the doctor if it is bad.

tissue irritation can happen especially when you do a bad injection

if you know the gear is clean and it was just a bad injection then that issue will need 10 days to die down.. in the mean time you can apply ice and maybe take an anti inflammatory.. really if you go to a doc they will just do the same thing but also give you anti biotics which you probably do not need

If it gets worse (hot or tight to move or larger) you will need to ase a physician. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t panic , most likely will get better , it’s happened to me . Every so often instead of intramuscular I’ll do subcutaneous . Tends to turn red as you’ve described. If your doing intramuscular, you should be pulling your skin to the side an inch or so , then inject , when done , pull needle out and let go of your skin . I believe it’s called Z tracking . Pinching the skin is usually done for subcutaneous injections.

Don’t panic , most likely will get better , it’s happened to me . Every so often instead of intramuscular I’ll do subcutaneous . Tends to turn red as you’ve described. If your doing intramuscular, you should be pulling your skin to the side an inch or so , then inject , when done , pull needle out and let go of your skin . I believe it’s called Z tracking . Pinching the skin is usually done for subcutaneous injections.

Yupper, it's called z-tracking. It helps prevent leaking, although I only pull my skin a quarter inch or so.

Top Bottom