Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

injecting question and aspiration, is it really necessary?

chris curry

what happen when you aspirate and you see a small amount of blood in the syringe, I know that you probably hit a vessel but I would like to know is if you can still use that gear mixed with blood and inject it in the same spot , or just make a new mix and pick a different site.

Pull out, switch sites and inject the gear. It's your blood, it's not gonna hurt you in any way

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Definitely don't waste the gear. If I aspirate and a small amount comes through but stops, I pin there. If I pull back and the syringe continues to fill, I move spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd put a new needle on your syringe and shoot the gear in a different spot. In my several years total of pinning, I have yet to get blood when aspirating.

I'd put a new needle on your syringe and shoot the gear in a different spot. In my several years total of pinning, I have yet to get blood when aspirating.

Quads are where I find blood. One time I pinned with a 1' 25g. Aspirated and in that half second, 1ml of blood. Definitely changed sites lol

The reason you aspirate prior to an injection is to see whether or not you injected into a vein.

Inject the needle into your site and slightly pull back on the plunger. If the fluid that comes into the syringe is clear - your are good to go
If the flood that comes into the syringe is red - you injected into a vein. Withdraw the needle, discard of it and restart the whole process with a new injection site.

Generally speaking, if you injected into a vein you would feel a surge of pain and would know something was wrong long before aspirating.

I personally do not aspirate.

At first I tried it out did it then haven't done since. I know when it's not feeling right I just adjust the positioning

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

It's better safe than sorry , it is extremely rare to land in a vein, but no harm in aspirating so I do it

It's better safe than sorry , it is extremely rare to land in a vein, but no harm in aspirating so I do it

but aspirating doesn't prevent you from 'landing' in a vein and even if you did when you aspirate you won't always get blood anyway. a lot of times you nick a vein going in or going out. i would argue that aspirating does more harm then good in the long run cause you will find yourself moving around the needle and doing unnecessary playing around during the injection for no benefit. your muscle does not appreciate getting a metal rod inside it, so extra step involving moving it around to aspirate does nothing except piss it off more and possibly cause scar tissue buildup.

for me it is all about getting in, plunging slowly, holding for 10 seconds, and then coming out. keeping the needle as steady as possible. done deal and simple.

Top Bottom