Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Infection help

Anthony99

I think I have an infection. I shot 1 ml of prop on Friday 1 inch pin into my calf.
Saturday limped around all day b/c I thought it was from the prop.
Today, Sunday 34 hours later still can not put any weight on calf.
Calf is swollen and warm when you touch it.
I can get the antibiotic zithromax (z-pack) today. Will this help?
If it is still swollen and sore tomorrow I will get a doc's appt.
This sucks.
I am open to all suggestions.

Thinking you have an infection doesnt mean much. You need to be sure. And calf injections can be a pain in the ass anyways...Especially with prop.

by all means see a doc if you are that concerned about it but honestly i inject into my calf almost twice a wk and sometime if i dont go all the way in some of the AAS stays close to the skin and appears to be red and swollen but think about it you are injecting a foriegn oil/water based compound into your body its only natural for it to respond like that

Well my calf has all the symptoms. swollen, warm to touch, throbbing as I am typing this.
Thanks for your help. I hope the antibiotic helps.

You guys might want to reconsider calf injects. . .

luciasbrown said:
Injecting into the calf has unique risk that most people arent aware of. The problem is that there are numerous veins below the knee that empty to the popliteal vein (A DEEP VEIN). Some of you may read my posts on cardiac test I run injecting air into the vein to assess cardiac structure and that is not a problem if you get an air bubble in the vein. But This is slightly different if you inject through and damage or inject enough to compress a calf vein, then the blood flow may be interrupted enough to cause clot formation. The lowerlegs are not that good at moving blood and leave them vulnerable to clot. I had a young pt that had a stroke that formed in his calf b/c of trauma from a surfboard hitting the back of his leg and travelled up his vascular system across a small hole in his heart and up to the brain. This can also cause clot to form and the leg will swell and usually feel warm to the touch. THe clot can literally grow up the calf veins into the deep veins called DEEP VEIN THROMBOSIS. NBC reporter David Bloom died of that in Iraq when clot travelled up to his lungs and kills nearly as much as heart attacks in th US. Shooting in the calf can put you at a small risk for this and should avoided. If your leg is swollen go to your doctor or ER. They'll do a test called a leg venous duplex to rule out clot. Basically they use ultrasound to see of there is clot in the calves, I used to do it all the time and is noninvasive. Do ayourself a favor, if its swollen, warm to the touch, and some redness then get it checked out. Dont inject into the calf, the risk is small, but its not worth the risk, Ive seen people get these from sittin too long, long airplane rides, etc...It does happen.

I will have to wait till tomorrow to see my doc. No sunday hours.
Anyone know about the antibiotic zithromax? I know it is for infections but just wondering if I started taking it to late.

After reading that post about calf injections I am done.

If you are going to the Doc tomorrow, dont start medicating yourself, just wait it out. 1 day isnt going to make or break the situation.

I had a similar problem a week or so ago and it ended up resolving itself too. So maybe you will get lucky.

Also, I wouldnt tell the MD why you got the problem unless you really trust them. They have to treat you anyways, you could say you poked yourself with a sewing needle that got left in the couch for all it matters.

Top Bottom