Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Increased blood flow is not the only mechanism of action of Hydergine

b1ewsw32

Co-dergocrine (Hydergine) regulates striatal and hippocampal acetylcholine release through D2 receptors.

Imperato A, Obinu MC, Dazzi L, Carta G, Mascia MS, Casu MA, Gessa GL.

Bernard B. Brodie Department of Neuroscience, University of Cagliari, Italy.

The effect of Co-dergocrine (Hydergine) on acetylcholine (ACh) release in the striatum and hippocampus has been studied by means of brain microdialysis and compared to the effect of SKF 38393 and of LY 171555 selective D1 and D2 dopamine (DA) receptor agonists, respectively. Co-dergocrine (1 and 5 mg kg-1 i.p.) as well as LY 171555 (0.2 and 0.5 mg kg-1 i.p.) decreased the extracellular concentration of ACh in the striatum, whereas SKF 38393 (5 and 10 mg kg-1 i.p.) increased it. On the other hand, Co-dergocrine (1 and 5 mg kg-1), LY 171555 (0.2 and 0.5 mg kg-1) and SKF 38393 (5 and 10 mg kg-1) increased ACh release in the hippocampus in a dose-dependent way. These results show that Co-dergocrine, which is widely used in the treatment of senile mental decline, enhances the release of ACh in the hippocampus in a similar manner to both D1 and D2 DA agonists. This effect might be relevant for the amelioration of cognitive processes. Moreover, our results which demonstrate that Co-dergocrine is able to decrease the release of ACh in the striatum, as are selective D2 agonists, suggest that Co-dergocrine may have a potential therapeutic benefit in Parkinsonian dementia.

It was originally thought it's mechanism of action was primarily through increasing blood flow to the neurons, dismantling lipofuscin(the aging pigment that compromises the integrity of the neuron) and potentiating the effect of other nootropics such as piracetam and selegeline.
This interesting study shows in addition it enhances the release of acetylcholine in the hippocampus, a primary area for consilidating information and stimuli into long term memories!
As well as increase acetylcholine in the striatum for parkinsonian dementia...fantastic!

Peace....B32
:)

I did it for about 6 months straight about 10 years ago, then lost interest in it and haven't tried it since... I was doing a pretty good dose too.

Hard to say what effects it may have had on me, if any 10 years later.

Top Bottom