Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Im worried please read regarding Mercury in seafood.

P

PolfaJelfa

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=448102

I clicked on that calculator.
Many times when i did not have much other sources of protein i ingested 40 or so cans of tuna per week. ( non albacore)

However now i see that only 120 ounces ( 20cans) of albacore tuna has 1350%+ of the EPA's level of safety :worried: FUCK.

I dont eat that much of the tuna as of late but...damn. I think most of the guys on here eat at least a few cans per day. Have i damamged myself...

Wtf...the EPA, FDA fights against AAS that are safe yet levels of mercury in our food are dangerous...WHERE THE FUCK IS THE LABEL ON THAT CAN WARNING ME......? BULLSHIT......theres 100 labels on a pack of cigaretes...yet where the fuck is the FDA to protect me from the toxins in my food. Im going to consider legal action if my health has in any way been effected. They are considering warning labels on tuna now...i have read and its on the news.

Where the fuck are my tax dollars chasing legitimate hard working people looking to improve their bodys, yet the food our familys eat can not be gauranteed safe! What the fuck. :evil:

I hope someone can calm me down and explain to me that its ok and we are ok after eating tuna.

If not a class action is in order.

That is why now I only eat tuna light, it has less mercury in it, but yeah I have drasticaly cut down. But then again there is a hell of alot of saturated fat in chicken these days, because of the way they are kept. What we gonna do...

get Samote in here. maybe he can provide an answer on whether mercury will bind to cells or not....or if it can ever be purged...

I read quite a few studies regarding Mercury in tuna. I eat at least two cans per day. From what I have read light tuna is ok to eat. I think the studies have been overblown. You also have to realize there is a huge lobby out there that wants to ban tuna fishing because the populations have dwindled - Fox news had a special a few years ago on those wing-nuts. I am not disputing the evidence of mercury levels in some tuna but I can say there is politics involve. Some people have a vested interest to overstate the issue to expoit it for their political gain.

Here is a FDA report on 'safe' seafood. I love tuna because it is an excellent source of protein. I get shrimp when I can afford it.

http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/admehg3.html

On a final note, 40 cans per week may be a bit too much - I will stick to my 2 cans daily though.

PolfaJelfa said:
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=448102

I clicked on that calculator.
Many times when i did not have much other sources of protein i ingested 40 or so cans of tuna per week. ( non albacore)

However now i see that only 120 ounces ( 20cans) of albacore tuna has 1350%+ of the EPA's level of safety :worried: FUCK.

I dont eat that much of the tuna as of late but...damn. I think most of the guys on here eat at least a few cans per day. Have i damamged myself...

Wtf...the EPA, FDA fights against AAS that are safe yet levels of mercury in our food are dangerous...WHERE THE FUCK IS THE LABEL ON THAT CAN WARNING ME......? BULLSHIT......theres 100 labels on a pack of cigaretes...yet where the fuck is the FDA to protect me from the toxins in my food. Im going to consider legal action if my health has in any way been effected. They are considering warning labels on tuna now...i have read and its on the news.

Where the fuck are my tax dollars chasing legitimate hard working people looking to improve their bodys, yet the food our familys eat can not be gauranteed safe! What the fuck. :evil:

I hope someone can calm me down and explain to me that its ok and we are ok after eating tuna.

If not a class action is in order.

I'm more worried about the turmarisol(sp) they put in vaccines, especially for kids that contain mercury. www.seabear.com Check them out for mercury free seafood.

Hey PJ,

Back in the 1950's, they found DDT in penguins in Antartica.

The way I see it (and you know I'm phukked up, so take it FWIW), everything's contaminated. It's only going to get worse as homo sapiens breeds/eats/shits/shops/dies, but at the same time life expetancy is going up.

So...pick the lifestyle that brings you the most quality, and lets you be the best man you can be, live it to the fullest, and try to do something every week that you can brag about with your friends.

Thanks Justin...i just checked looks like im eating the light tuna all along. Also noticed it says dolphin safe on there. Probibaly some marking for the animal nuts. I feel a bit better. They say the light has about 3x less Merc. than the albacore.

Phatr and Blue...i hear ya guys...good points!

K for everyone in this thread!

don't sweat it too bad, i was a lot like you, eating powdered milk and tuna as my sole source of protein at one time. but now, as i've gotten older, and much fatter from a diet that is based on pie filling, i've yet to see any negative sides from my poorboy past.

Sounds good bro. Im limmiting my tuna to 2-3 cans per day now. Rest from other sources including Pro Complex.

Top Bottom