Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Ideal training approach while cutting and "On"?

Izzman

Well I have been cutting for close to two weeks now and have made good progress so far, down about 3-4 pounds and I am looking leaner and harder. Question is, what would some of you say is the best/ideal approach to training while cutting and on(in my case, Tren 55mg/Prop 55mg EOD/Winny 50mg ED, just added M1T at 15mg ED that I may replace the winny with)? I hope to drop a good deal of BF and add a few lbs of LBM if possible.

I have started a 3 day training split with a push/pull/legs approach with 4 days of cardio a week, with more emphasis on compound movements and the larger muscles groups (3 exercises each, 3 sets each), with less training empahsis on my smaller groups (Bis, Tris: about 1 exercise each for 3 sets on their day and about 2 exercises for my shoulders, 3 sets each, with pressing movements done EOW), is this ideal for preserving as much as possible and even adding a few lbs of LBM while on such a good cycle stack? What/how do some of you train while cutting and on? Do you train more (more days, more sets and etc.) Peace outs.

it doesn't much matter

cutting is cutting

You only need to maintain the workload to the muscles (to maintain the same hypertrophy status) and enough anabolic receptor activity to not lose too much muscle mass while you starve.

Interestingly, though, most people avoid compound movements while cutting, figuring that growing muscle (the usual point of mass movements) being impossible, that isolation movements will preserve muscle mass with less exertion and less systemic strain. Sort of like rehab workouts for aids/ms etc. I like your compound movement approach, it's creative and different. I too have done this, but can't say how it works, as I always cut (I am a genetic freak with no BF; no exercise, nothing and I'm 9% at most, a little weights and I drop to 7-8%). I would be very interested to hear about your progress.

majutsu said:
as I always cut (I am a genetic freak with no BF; no exercise, nothing and I'm 9% at most, a little weights and I drop to 7-8%)

Bastard! :p Just Kidding!

However, so would you say this scheme seems effective for adding some LBM while cutting or am I making a mistake by undertraining or not training as frequently even though I am on cycle? I figure all the extra cardio is enough strain on my CNS as it is and just lifting more fequently with greater volume will prove overkill. I don't think steroid recovery while cutting is as good as recovery while bulking/massive calories intake/ and no cardio. No?

I would say if you don't have the caloric support for growth, to much weights is a waste of time. Again, with cutting you are trying to lose the LEAST muscle, notice the key word LEAST. Loss to some degree is inevitable with cutting. Increasing the workouts more, without calories, will quickly lead to overtraining, as your cutting cortisol is already high, etc. That will of course lead to more muscle loss. Cutting sucks! But just be patient. After all, you want to show your hard work, right? that's the mentality to keep!

Top Bottom