Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I think I have a bit of food poisoning...

Yesterday driving home from work, planning on lifting, I started feeling a little wierd. Dizzy and my stomach felt bloated.

Got home, out of the car, and could hardly stand up. Lied down for a 1/2 hour thinking I was just tired...when I tried to get up the room was spinning at 50mph...

No other symptoms but the dizziness and the funny stomach. No puking, machine gun shits, nothing.

I couldn't eat, could hardly drink water, and essentially slept from 8pm to 7am this morning...woke up tired, still a bit dizzy, but managed to have some toast and get to work (where I am now) and I think I should be alright to do my work.

Thinking back on yesterday - I ate: Eggs w/cheddar, shake, salad w/lettuce, tomato, cucumber, mozzarella w/ oil & vinegar, mac and cheese, a 1/2 a donut (I know), and a pear.

I think it was the pear. It was the last thing I ate at about 3:30pm and I didn't wash it like an idiot.

Anyone have any ideas to fix me up? I am supposed to have my 1st game tonight - but I already called the coach to tell him I was doubtful.

Bluesman

Hey, the last food eaten doesn't necessarily mean that it was responsible for your food poisoning...could possibly be any of those items, moreover this could have been caused by the interaction effect between those food eaten - certain food do not mix well with each other.

Bloatedness is a good sign of abnormality in digestive tract and the state of acidity in your stomach. How are your stools looking? Is it hard, normal coloured, shaped as usual? You said that the frequency was not radically different?

I'd say avoid food that could further upset your stomach such as food with high acidity level and keep your stomach high in alkaline by neutralizing it with taking Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking soda) first thing in the morning on your empty stomach and focus on neutralizing your stomach - grapes are great. This is a natural way to ease the condition and the proliferation of bacteria in your stomach is kept to minimal this way. I have a somewhat intergrative model of understanding and practice when it comes to digestive problems. A combination of natural therapy/holistic view in conjunction with sensible medications is ideal.

Other than that see a GP, but I suspect he'll be throwing you all sorts of medications directed symtomatically- an anti-acid medicine, another to ease off neurons in your digestive tract so that it doesn't become irritant amongst a few others.

Perhaps KIAN will offer you another perspective.

yeh, tainted food has had me "singing the blues" outta both ends of my body a couple of times..........

hoping you get well soon, big guy!!

Symptoms of food poisoning usually invlove nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea.

Due to the level of high fat foods you consumed (ie: cheeses, oils) the effects of any potential food born illnesses you might experience are going to be delayed. If I had to guess at what may be the cause of your problems, I would say the lettuce. Lettuce usually has bacteria which can be linked with E-coli or Salmonella but because we can't heat lettuce the bacteria may still be present at the time you consume the lettuce. Also, the bacterial levels may be even higher if the lettuce was washed and left standing for prolonged periods. Symptoms of salmonella will usually begin 12 to 72 hours after eating contaminated food so you may have that to look forward to, unfortunately, if it is infact the cause.

The normal treatment for food born illnessess is to keep your body hydrated at all times, especially when diarrhea is present, and rest. Avoid eating any dairy and caffeinated beverages. Do not take antibiotics as they may lengthen the bout of diarrhea. If it is food poisoning then expect it to last 4 to 7 days.

KP -- Fitness Basics

Last edited:
it doesnt necessarily have to be food poisoning

a labirynthitis could cause the dizzyness and if you have no GI symptoms either it seems unusal, it can be other things too so if its still pretty bad go see a doc :) maybe he'll give you some chlorpromazine or something to help and have a look in your ears and stuff

Myself and a friend got very bad food poisinging from the dame Bar/Restautant one night. It took my system a full 5 days to recover. I'll never forget the night I was sick. I actually wished I was dead I threw up so much and was pumping sweat and then got very bad chills soon after. Was terrible.

i am pretty sure i got some last nite..or dirty workers hands touching it.,... it was a hole in the wall taco stand... all i ate that day was very normal things so i doubt it anything else...... greesy cheesy food caused movements from both ends :(

thank god i didnt have work today

Top Bottom