Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I have a pinodonal cyst.......

High-Jacked

I have a pilonodal cyst.......

Has anyone had one of these before? Its a cyst right above my butt crack on my tailbone, it is about the size of a quarter and leaks a lot of puss at time. I am 100% sure I have one, it matches the description on every web site I have looked. If so, how did you treat it? I have a doctors appointment tommorrow for it. I am so nervous because they say surgery on it is a b*tch.

Last edited:
I used to see a lot of these when I worked ER.Depending on the extent of the infection,removal is a pretty straightforward procedure,after which,you will feel SO much better.During the removal,your doctor should medicate you well,so I wouldn't worry too much about that,either(insist on it,if he doesn't).Bring someone with you to drive you home,in case he gives you a pain shot.sometimes they sew the incision shut,sometimes they leave it open,depending upon the extent of infection(they don't want to sew in infection),so you may have to go back to have your dressings changed for a few days.You'll be on antibiotics for at least 7-10 days.Good luck':doc:')

Yep, thats what you have . They'll use a local to numb it , lance it and pack it. It's not that painful. I've assisted in a few of these.You'll need to have the packing changed every day for a week or so. BTW it smells so bad, like death and shit all mixed together.

The surgery for the removal, is sort of a no brainer, and having it removed will make your life a lot better,

Your MD should make the diagnois, don't rely on the internet and your own judgement.

The pain is minimum at most.
compared to not having it removed.

i had it,and i got surgery for it quick and not to much pain,but a couple weeks before you can sit comfortably

I went to the doctor today and of course thats what I have. He reccomended me to a General Surgeon which I will go to in a few weeks, until then he gave me an antibiotic. I have actually had smaller cysts on and of for about 7-8 years but it appearred to be no more than a zit or boil. Now it has a pin size hole below it and it constantly drains/leaks puss when it is inflamed. I am not nervous about the surgery really, but more of the fact that I won't be able to hit the gym or anything for a while after surgery. I don't think in my case that its an emergency, it doesn't really bother me pain wise, but I no that the longer I go the worse it will get.

It seemed to me that after doing heavy heavy squats it seemed to swell up the most. Any correlation?

I appreciate all the advice I can get, I am a litttle nervous here.............:(

my cyst was large about the size of my fist ,had several hole that were draining i put it off for a long time then it just wasnt goin away.so i finaly went to a surgeon and he opened it in his office because it had formed a blister.then 3 weeks after i had an appointment to get it fixed.they opened it up and cut out the damaged tissue and sewed it back up took about 2 hours then i went home and i was on pain meds and anti biotics for about 2 weeks .you have to make sure to keep it clean or it will not heal because of the location.but it was well worth it it has been about a year and no reacurrance.

I had one for years, but it never drained on it's own. I had some discomfort off and on when I'd sit for long periods of time and finally went to the doc when it got really painful. It was pretty big though...I always thought it was just my tailbone being weird. The doc put me on antibiotics but I forget what happened (this was about 16 yrs. ago) and I wound up in the ER and that's where it was removed by some moron who did NOT give me enough meds. He kept scraping away although I was screaming for him to stop. The pain was worse than childbirth. The hole was left open to close up on it's own and the packing had to be changed fairly often. I was out of work for nearly 2 months and used a "donut" to sit on for a few weeks. Glad to see that most people had a better time with this than I did. Go get it taken care of. Good luck.

hey guys, I just had my cyst surgically removed today. A couple months ago when i firs went to the hospital they asked me a bunch of questions, if I was on anabolics or anything, which I wasn't at the time. But i'm on week 3 now, I am wondering if injecting in my glute will effect it anyway? really appreciate your help people!!

Top Bottom