Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
remember its a she .. the OP is a female!
oops my bad, but my comments still apply. Generally speaking men will hold fat on abs/chest, women generally thighs but thats just a generality.

If the op even eats remotely clean and exercises as much as she says she does losing fat shouldn't be a difficult task and if it is there are likely hormonal issues.

The web is full of personal testimonials from people who have tried every diet and every exercise program under the sun for years and still cant easily alter their body composition. Sure, many of them are simply slackers but many of them suffer nutritional deficiencies which dont allow for their body to function optimally and the result is stubborn fat.

oops my bad, but my comments still apply. Generally speaking men will hold fat on abs/chest, women generally thighs but thats just a generality.

If the op even eats remotely clean and exercises as much as she says she does losing fat shouldn't be a difficult task and if it is there are likely hormonal issues.

The web is full of personal testimonials from people who have tried every diet and every exercise program under the sun for years and still cant easily alter their body composition. Sure, many of them are simply slackers but many of them suffer nutritional deficiencies which dont allow for their body to function optimally and the result is stubborn fat.

THANK YOU! Yes it's a constant battle I've been fighting my whole life. I went from 188 to 150 but sadly I'm back up to 165. I don't count calories. I eat clean and eat well. I'm human and have a cheat day here and there.

I take fish oil. Drink Progenx pre-workout & protein. I WORK OUT. I'm not one of these slackers that are looking for a quick fix.

My boyfriend takes Deer Antler but that's for guys... Is there anything along those lines for girls?

THANK YOU! Yes it's a constant battle I've been fighting my whole life. I went from 188 to 150 but sadly I'm back up to 165. I don't count calories. I eat clean and eat well. I'm human and have a cheat day here and there.

I take fish oil. Drink Progenx pre-workout & protein. I WORK OUT. I'm not one of these slackers that are looking for a quick fix.

My boyfriend takes Deer Antler but that's for guys... Is there anything along those lines for girls?

You dont need special fancy supplements or drugs. What you simply need is the essential nutrients your body is missing.

One of the most common issues associated with inability to lose fat is from an underfunctioning thyroid. Please note I am not saying your thyroid is "broken" because if it was your labs would come back with T3 values outside of lab range.

What I am saying is simply that your thyroid is not functioning as efficiently as it could. Total T3 ranges are around 1.2-3.1 nmol/L for adults and just a couple tenths of a point can make a HUGE different in your whole body metabolism.

Wo why would your thyroid not be functioning up to snuff? Because its missing the nutrients needed to support the creation of the thyroid hormones you need for optimal performance.

Iodine is a main ingredient in the thyroid hormones. One particular orthomolecular doc I follow claims 95% of his many thousands of patients are deficient in iodine. Thats a pretty large pool to collect data from and a lot larger than most studies use in the big time journals.

Next, the body requires selenium for the enzyme thats used to convert T4 to T3 and selenium is also used for the creation of glutathione peroxidase which quenches the hydrogen peroxide and free radicals created by the creation of thyroid hormones.

Both selenium and iodine are very rare in foods and deficiencies are common.

maybe raspberry ketones

multi
b-complex
whole/clean foods
lots of water... then more water
40-60 min of good cardio per session with some weight/resistance training after, maybe focus on complex movements vs isolation

should be working but if no results and/or still lack of energy then may need blood test and see a Dr

You dont need special fancy supplements or drugs. What you simply need is the essential nutrients your body is missing.

One of the most common issues associated with inability to lose fat is from an underfunctioning thyroid. Please note I am not saying your thyroid is "broken" because if it was your labs would come back with T3 values outside of lab range.

What I am saying is simply that your thyroid is not functioning as efficiently as it could. Total T3 ranges are around 1.2-3.1 nmol/L for adults and just a couple tenths of a point can make a HUGE different in your whole body metabolism.

Wo why would your thyroid not be functioning up to snuff? Because its missing the nutrients needed to support the creation of the thyroid hormones you need for optimal performance.

Iodine is a main ingredient in the thyroid hormones. One particular orthomolecular doc I follow claims 95% of his many thousands of patients are deficient in iodine. Thats a pretty large pool to collect data from and a lot larger than most studies use in the big time journals.

Next, the body requires selenium for the enzyme thats used to convert T4 to T3 and selenium is also used for the creation of glutathione peroxidase which quenches the hydrogen peroxide and free radicals created by the creation of thyroid hormones.

Both selenium and iodine are very rare in foods and deficiencies are common.

What are your thoughts on the Thyroid health supplement containing Iodine derived from kelp? The dose per tablet is 160mcg. There is one here marketed by Dr Sandra Cabot & it also contains selenium. My interest is more to do with usage for prostate health than weight loss.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using EliteFitness

What are your thoughts on the Thyroid health supplement containing Iodine derived from kelp? The dose per tablet is 160mcg. There is one here marketed by Dr Sandra Cabot & it also contains selenium. My interest is more to do with usage for prostate health than weight loss.

Not a fan of kelp derived iodine. The body needs both iodine and iodide at at levels much higher that 160mcgs a day. Additionally there is so much pollution in the sea im a bit leery of the source.

Halides (bromine, flourine, chlorine etc) inundate us every day in the foods we consume. Those halogens compete with iodine and are taken in in MUCH larger amounts than the paltry iodine we get from food.

I would recommend lugols liquid solution or iodarol tablets, both are a combination of iodine/iodide. Personally im taking 50mg (note thats milligrams, not micrograms) daily and the fat is melting off. More energy, better skin tone etc.

Take an iodine loading test with bromid toxicity if you want to see where you sit. Dr Brownstein says for his patients it takes an average of 6-12 months at 50mg's per day to reach whole body sufficiency. After that you can cut back to a maintenance dose which is still usually double digets in mg per day.

At 160mcg daily you are not giving your body what its needs daily so you will never reach sufficiency. Your also going to likely need 200-400mcg a day of selenium.

Not a fan of kelp derived iodine. The body needs both iodine and iodide at at levels much higher that 160mcgs a day. Additionally there is so much pollution in the sea im a bit leery of the source.

Halides (bromine, flourine, chlorine etc) inundate us every day in the foods we consume. Those halogens compete with iodine and are taken in in MUCH larger amounts than the paltry iodine we get from food.

I would recommend lugols liquid solution or iodarol tablets, both are a combination of iodine/iodide. Personally im taking 50mg (note thats milligrams, not micrograms) daily and the fat is melting off. More energy, better skin tone etc.

Take an iodine loading test with bromid toxicity if you want to see where you sit. Dr Brownstein says for his patients it takes an average of 6-12 months at 50mg's per day to reach whole body sufficiency. After that you can cut back to a maintenance dose which is still usually double digets in mg per day.

At 160mcg daily you are not giving your body what its needs daily so you will never reach sufficiency. Your also going to likely need 200-400mcg a day of selenium.

Thanks Bro appreciate your time and knowledge. There is a vendor on e bay doing the lugols and selenium as a package deal Best Regards

Top Bottom