Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I can't sleep...help?

meatneck

Well, guys, after being on eq 600mg for 6 weeks, I guess it's really kicking in now. My strength and vascularity is great! But my only problem is that I can't sleep! I visited my doctor and he gave me a sleeping aid. I didn't notice it until I came home but it was an old school anti-depressant used for helping peeps sleep (an old tricyclic one- amitryphtamine..).. Anyhow, I was slightly pissed cuz I figured it wouldn't work, and sure enough, it didn't. When I complained to him that it didn't work and I had bad side effects - he told me to up it 2 pills instead of one! ugh! He wouldn't prescribe me anything else claiming that everything out there is highly habbit forming..bs..i've had other mild ones before.. I bought some sleep aid pills, but they don't work well...does anyone have any suggestions?? You can PM me if it might be 2 controversal on here...lol...

tired meatneck..

meatneck said:
Well, guys, after being on eq 600mg for 6 weeks, I guess it's really kicking in now. My strength and vascularity is great! But my only problem is that I can't sleep! I visited my doctor and he gave me a sleeping aid. I didn't notice it until I came home but it was an old school anti-depressant used for helping peeps sleep (an old tricyclic one- amitryphtamine..).. Anyhow, I was slightly pissed cuz I figured it wouldn't work, and sure enough, it didn't. When I complained to him that it didn't work and I had bad side effects - he told me to up it 2 pills instead of one! ugh! He wouldn't prescribe me anything else claiming that everything out there is highly habbit forming..bs..i've had other mild ones before.. I bought some sleep aid pills, but they don't work well...does anyone have any suggestions?? You can PM me if it might be 2 controversal on here...lol...

tired meatneck..
Try having hot chocolate and brandy 30 mins b4 bed-or if that dont work........spank ya monkey! :qt:

hey man melatonin works great also you should try p-gh. the melatonin you can find at any drug store and first try it at 3mg then up it as you see needed!

I like melotonin sublinguals. They don't make you sleep but your body recovers in the short time that you do sleep! Nothing else has ever helped actually make me sleep. I have tried the most potent prescription stuff too!

get a new doc - if at this day and age he still prescribes TCA's and, for sleep disturbances at that, consult another MD. Ask for Trazodone - sub/non-benzo - low affinity for habit formation, very effective with low sides profiel!

Another option: Ativan or Klonopin - benzo's but their addiction potential is quite overstated, as with most other things out there :eek:

Last edited:
What time to you workout? I work out late say 9:00pm to 10:30pm and believe me I have no trouble sleeping afterwards...especially after loading up on protein for the night!

I work out first thing in the morning. I tried the sleep aid last night and no go. Most of the over the counter stuff just makes me feel drowsy for a bit while I just sit there and toss and turn. You are right, I should get a different doctor. He's been so good otherwise, but when it comes to prescribing pain medications for true pain and now this, he's a downer!

The reason you can't sleep is the excessive AAS dosing. It is causing anxiety. Do not get hooked on valium, xanax, or ambien. Try lowering your dosing to where you do sleep. Alwasy take the AAS in the AM and do not eat carbs a couple of hours before bedtime. Insomnia is a common problem with those using too much AAS for their genetics.

Top Bottom