Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I am 220lbs but I look 165lbs! WHY IS THIS?

Beezers said:
I'm 255 at 9% right now and feel overly vulnerable that a strong gust of wind might waft my feathery self away. People tell me I'm a rather large mass of humanity, but I still fell like a 170 pounder. It's hard for you to see yourself the way others do. You want perfection for your body so it's only natural to be overly critical of your physique. This is intrinsic motivation and without it none of us would do what we do.

It's so true. No matter how big I get, I'm always saying I need to be bigger, or more cut... or something. I'm really never pleased with the way I look... and hence, I work harder at trying to attain my goals. We live with our bodies everyday, and don't see the changes all the time, and others opinions don't always matter... Geez, this is kinda like those anarexic girls??? :) LOL

C

I find that my bones are long but fairly thin. I like it though. I feel it makes my ability to achieve muuscle seperation easier. My wrists are barely 6.5" and I'm 6ft tall and 215. Consider it a blessing. If you have thick bones, do you realize how hard it is to get seperation!?!

WRJ

I think bodybuilders can't really judge how they look. They always think their smaller than they really are. At your height and weight you have a lot of muscle.

I'm 6'6" 248 and about 12-13% bf right now, I feel skinny too small, at times skinny... I don't know. It's harder for someone my height to LOOK big I think. You're not alone bro.

YUM

Re: Re: Re: I am 220lbs but I look 165lbs! WHY IS THIS?

Toenail Juice Z said:
Yes my friend, but 5ft 11" is just an average height. I wouldn't call myself tall.

It is relative to your weight. I doubt I'll be happy until I'm in the 230-240 range. If you were 5'8 or 5'9 at 200+ then you'd look a world different. Most of the amazing looking guys at my gym are short f*ckers.

It also comes from the fact that when you look in the mirror you compare yourself to somebody great (say arnold or whoever..) when people see you they compare you with the average (not very big) person. that is why you will always see yourself as small no matter how many people tell you that you are huge. I have always though that I have large bones and my wrist measures 7.0 and I'm 6'0" @215. I definitely dont look like that much though...:(

Chuck

Toenail Juice Z said:
I understand everything you guys are saying, BUT much lighter guys look bigger than me?

Why is this?

lower bf%...better muscle separation/maturity,etc...get down to 8% and see if you look bigger...---fyi

naaaaaaaa

Dude in my opinion you sound like your plenty big. I get the way you are right now some times even though most of the time i am one of the bigger more tone guys in the gym. I believe it has something to do with the saying, i'll never be big enough as long as someone out there is bigger and more cut

I definitely think it comes down to height. At 5'8" I look big to the point where people will tell me I look big right out of the blue - which is insane to my mind because I'm really not very big, just 185.

I suppose it's all relative. When you're in the weight room you feel small but walk around amongst ordinary people and it's different.

People who carry weight in the chest, neck, and shoulders due to genetics look bigger because it's that stuff that is at people's eye level. If you have a long neck and a lean face people are going to think you're not so big, even if you are.

Top Bottom