Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hushmail ok?

casey21

I read something saying hushmail now screens emails involving illegal activity. I have made about 6 orders in the past using hushmail with no problem but I am kind of stressing about this as I am about to place another one.
Anyone know if this Is true and if so, what other email can I use.
All replies much appreciated.

I read something saying hushmail now screens emails involving illegal activity. I have made about 6 orders in the past using hushmail with no problem but I am kind of stressing about this as I am about to place another one.
Anyone know if this Is true and if so, what other email can I use.
All replies much appreciated.

Read the terms of service on the site, if they say anything about monitoring, screening or viewing emails then don't use it.

If your that paranoid about it go to godaddy or any other domain hosting site, buy an email domain for around $5-10 per year and connect it to your outlook and your good,

But in all honesty i imagine sites like yahoo have millions if not billions of steroid emails, drug emails etc. going back and forth and no one gives a crap.

anonymousspeech is offshore of the US and Europe and doesn't comply with any subpoena

Anonymousspeech is in Japan. Since August 2003, Japan has a Mutual Law Enforcment Assistance Treaty (MLAT) with the United States. Remember, it was through MLAT, that the DEA forced Hushmail to cooperate on rolling-over on its users.

Furthermore, Anonymousspeech generates and stores PGP crypto keys for you, in much the same manner as Hushmail. Therefore, if hit with a request under MLAT, they would arrange to grab your passphrase and decrypt your email just as Hushmail did.

Link to details about U.S-Japan MLAT Treaty signing:

Signing of a Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty between
Japan and the United States of America

6 August 2003

The signing of the Treaty between Japan and the United States of America on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters (Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty) [PDF] took place on Tuesday, 5 August 2003, in Washington D.C. The treaty was signed by Ms. Mayumi Moriyama, Minister of Justice, Mr. Sadakazu Tanigaki, Minister of State, Chairman of the National Public Safety Commission and Mr. Ryozo Kato, Ambassador of Japan to the United States of America (Japanese side) and Mr. John Ashcroft, Attorney General of the United States of America (US side).

I can't post the link, Google U.S. Japan MLAT for the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs Website page where the above text can be found.

Use computer with hidden IP or one that isn't yours, use different emailers. Use a trac phone w/orders phoned in, money card instead of traceable credit card. Try to be as invisible as possible. Assume some of the things you tell people will be repeated, good way to test people too.

PGP (or its open source counterpart, GPG). PGP is encryption for email, the only safe way to transmit messages. In email, no matter who you use (safe-mail etc) once it leaves the server, its transmitted plaintext across the internet. FBI used to use "carnivore" systems to data collect almost everything sent across the internet, but who knows what they do now. Sending email plaintext (unencrypted) is just hoping nobody finds your needle in the haystack.

PGP is a little clumsy at first but once you use it once or twice its very easy. To send someone an encrypted email, you put their public key into your keyring. Then you use their public key to encrypt a message to them. After encryption, only they can decrypt it with their private key. It would take FBI supercomputers hundreds of years to crack your message.

Top Bottom