Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hunter 'unbelievably confident' he'll be cleared

George Spellwin

The Architect
Staff member
Administrator
Elite Moderator
Friday, December 8 ESPN
Hunter 'unbelievably confident' he'll be cleared

Reuters

RALEIGH, N.C. -- World shot put champion C.J. Hunter said he was "unbelievably confident" he would be cleared of charges that he took the banned steroid nandrolone.

"It is going to be almost comical," said Hunter, husband of triple Olympic champion Marion Jones, when asked about a still unscheduled U.S. hearing on the accusation.

The International Amateur Athletic Federation (IAAF) announced at the Sydney Games that Hunter had tested positive for nandrolone at a meeting in Oslo in July.

Hunter, who did not compete in Australia because of knee surgery, denied he had taken the steroid.

Johnnie Cochran, who was O.J. Simpson's lead attorney, will represent him in the appeals process, Hunter said on Thursday.

Hunter was asked whether a recent U.S. study that found the over-the-counter supplement androstenedione could cause positive tests for nandrolone would help his case.

"That study is infantile compared to some of the stuff we have. A lot of people are back-tracking all of a sudden," he said.

Jones said she expected Hunter to be cleared.

"I am quite confident in the very near future that everything will be resolved and a lot of information is going to come out that's going to clear my husband's name," Jones said.

------------------
Yours in sport,

George

George Spellwin
Research Director

Tell your friends about elitefitness.com!
Click here to Give them a free subscription to Elite Fitness News.

You could win 30lbs. of Mass Quantities Triple Threat 3/60 Protein!

Sure.....he used Norandro...Now you know if Cocky-ran talks his shit that andro will get banned.....I think he used deca and he is going to blame it on Norandro. Olympic athletes are not stupid, but they no the general public is uneducated about all this...they are well aware of this subject as much as we are....give me a break. Great athlete, respect his achievements, but I don't think anyone who is that envolved in a sport that requires so much would be that ignorant to all this....just my 2...

Top Bottom