Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Huge Abs-how do I shrink my ABS?

solidspine

The problem I need to solve is the size of my ABS.
I have huge Abs, I am not fat, it’s just that my abdominal muscles are disproportionately large.

When I wear a t-shirt I look fat.

The fact I’m 5’5” and 160# at about 12% BF contributes to this look.

I want to shrink my abdominal muscles, not lose definition, or gain fat,

Any advice?
:)

solidspine said:
The problem I need to solve is the size of my ABS.
I have huge Abs, I am not fat, it’s just that my abdominal muscles are disproportionately large.

When I wear a t-shirt I look fat.

The fact I’m 5’5” and 160# at about 12% BF contributes to this look.

I want to shrink my abdominal muscles, not lose definition, or gain fat,

Any advice?
:)

Lower the weight do more arobic movements. Higher reps also.

I wish I had that problem

Chances are you're carrying some visceral fat that will make you look like you have a gut while the surface is relatively hard. A lot of bodybuilders reduce or eliminate ab work prior to contest to make their midsection look smaller. Maybe lay off the ab work, clean up the diet and mix in some extra cardio. Visceral fat is generally easier to get rid of than the subcutaneous midsection fat (Love handles). Certain types of AS may help attribute to excess viceral fat.

I read of a guy who purposely overtrains his abs so they don't grow. I think this is a stupid idea though.

-Dean

can you even see your abs at 12% BF? probably not, so why dont you just quit eating like shit and you wont look like your abs are sticking out.

Actually I have a friend who has the same problem but he is only at about 8% (still look fat) the only solution for him is simply not to train his abs!! Works for him, but not necessarily for you though! Maby if you shrink the stomach by eatin smaller portions of food can help? Try it!

I've got the same thing going on. Granted I'm a powerlifter and I have a higher BF% than you bodybuilders. My stomach feels hard but it sticks out more than I'd like. Plus my spine is sort of curved in a way that makes my stomach stick out.

I have the same problem. My two top abs look like pecs. They're my genetically gifted muscle group. Looks like I've got a gut until I take my shirt off. At 7% with very littls abnominal fat it still looked like a gut with clothes on. I use very heavy weight for them because honestly I like them massive. If they want to grow so willingly who am I to deny them the opporitunity to show thier full abilities. I do heavy weight 6 reps for them. If I can go past eight reps I up the weight. I train them once a week like any other muscle group. That's why mine protrude but I refuse to stop training a muscle so willing to grow. Atrophy is the only way to shrink them...This means don't use them and they'll shrink.

I have the same problem but it does not bother me, I like them. Like stated already, if you do not train them or use them they may shrink.

M18

Top Bottom