Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How To Use Carbohydrate Cycling to Maximize Muscle Building And Fat Loss

muskate

High End Bro
Platinum
In this video I explain how to use carb cycling to maximize muscle building and fat loss:

Most of us eat pretty much the same way every day — similar foods, similar amounts, similar timing. Other than the occasional cheat meal, it would be hard to distinguish one day from another. The problem with this is that if you never vary your daily calories, you will end up overfeeding yourself on your rest days or the days you are training light and underfeeding yourself on your hardest training days. Carb cycling gives you the best of both worlds. You fuel your body optimally on your hardest training days, but restrict calories and treat your body as if it's in a cutting phase on the days you don't need the excess energy.

A table outlining the recommended macronutrient content for each day is listed below:

A sample week of training and cardio might look something like this:

Great Help Muskate,

Quick Question:

My training program has me hitting the same muscle group twice a week, sometimes I even go twice a day due to time constraints in the morning. Cardio is mixed in there, sometimes its intense with Hiit/crossfit, and sometimes its a 20min slow stair climber session.

Should I base my high,mid,low carb days off of the muscles i worked that day, or the amount of calories I burned during the training session(s)?

Thanks again for the info.

B

Great Help Muskate,

Quick Question:

My training program has me hitting the same muscle group twice a week, sometimes I even go twice a day due to time constraints in the morning. Cardio is mixed in there, sometimes its intense with Hiit/crossfit, and sometimes its a 20min slow stair climber session.

Should I base my high,mid,low carb days off of the muscles i worked that day, or the amount of calories I burned during the training session(s)?

Thanks again for the info.

B

I would go with total calories burned that particular day. It is set up as back and leg days being the higher carb days because they are more taxing on the body. If you have a day where you will be training 2x I would make that a higher carb day. Great question.

What would you guys think about a all protein day after a couple cheat meals the day before.. But I'm doing heavy back today... Should I just keep the carb intake very low like 100g or so

Two 3x3's and two fries and a shake from in n out then with dinner I had a big ass potato and bacon wrapped shrimp.. (I only wrote the bad things down I had for dinner). About to hit some fasted cardio right now.

You could make a mostly protein day or two, but definitely not exclusively all protein, since you need to have the right fat intake everyday. You can indeed make it through without the carbs (look at the keto diet for example), but it is going to be a harsh time for your body to live without the right amount of fats.

@muskate - thanks for sharing! It is a great post, and a very good and managable approach to dieting. Indeed, it makes dieting a much easier thing to do.

Top Bottom