Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how to strengthen shoulder tendons/muscle

eviction

Supreme Deity
Platinum
Alrite, I'm back with some questions. First, I had surgery back when i was 17 on my left shoulder.. i tore my labrium.. had the surgery, then left for collge, and this is when the lack of training and rehab began.. before the shoulder injury i was a naturally cut and strong, i was just skinny, about 160 lbs @ 5'10... anyways, once i got to school I never had time to rehab my shoulder, and until recently it would slide around and nothing really felt tight around there like before the injury... a few months ago (2.5 years after the surgery), i was probably still around 170 lbs.. when i decided to do my first cycle.. At first, i figured it was just because of the scar tissue and that my muscles were stretched and what not.. which seems to be most of the case, since my left shoulder and arm in general are much weaker than my right.. once i started my cycle, a few days later things already felt like they were starting to tighten up in there, im not sure if it was all in my head or if it was really working, but i could squat for the first time since my surgery and i was still doing 300+ lbs after 3 years of not training... which i was surprised about. anyways now after my 2nd week week of the cycle, i realize my shoulder probably isnt making much progress, it still feels pretty unstable.. so i figure its more than just the muscles... , im not sure if it was as bad as before, but it still feels like it can pop out at any time, and that worrys me, especially when im pushin alot of weight. I'm wondering if anybody has had a similar surgery or injury, and have any recommendations... is the steroids going to help or hurt in this matter, or is there anything I can add to boost the conditioning of the muscles/tendons around the scar tissue.. Right now i basically work out normally but take it easy on exercices where i feel my shoulder is risked to poping out... any feedback is appreciated.. thanks

You might want to avoid heavy overhead work like military presses until your sure the injury is ok.

Alternatives to overhead - Lateral rotations
Medial rotations
Front plate raise
Lateral DB raise
Low cable row to neck (Rear delt)

NO Upright rows!

The medial and lateral rotations will help strengthen the rotator cuff muscles which are the main force keeping the shoulder joint stable.

Years ago i had a freakish accident in the gym warming up doing those recessed bar benchs where you go deep on the bench press it seems a pinched nerve in my neck was the culpit,this was with 60 lbs of weight it was like you just unplugged me ,my whole right arm went dead,ripped my bicep partually from my arm damaged some nerves in my shoulder,I could not lift my arm for over 6 months the doc said if i was a pro my career would be over,basically you just have to start from scratch slowly working around until you can achieve some motor functions that was 9 yrs ago no cycles at that time..but it scared the crap outta me big time...work around it and be careful!!!!

RADAR

Encorporate rotator cuff exercises into your normal routine, and make sure to keep shoulder development even. That should take care of any muscle issues but if you have tendon/ligament damage best avoid anti-inflamatory medications and if you really have pain, prolotherapy will do wonders for strengthening tendons/ligaments.

Agree to the presses, tho I love un both dumbell and bar shoulder presses I do get bad shoulder pain...front and lateral raises with bent elbows work great for me.

Top Bottom