Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how often is too often?

calli

Soon to be starting my first cycle of sust and var. Now I know that this is prob an endless debate but the fact remains i still do not know what my ruitine make up is going to be for my cycle. The legs are the prime focus of my cycle. I'd also like to add a little bit up top for the ladies too. But, like i said my goal is to get my legs as strong as humanly possible. How often is too often to lift? Many studies say once a week, beat the hell out of one body part a week and your good. I presently lift 2 days a week for the different body parts, splitting it up of course, but i'm not using gear. Now I know that you still need to rest and repair on gear, but I can repair now and gain size and strength and I'm on no gear--and on gear I'm sure you repair that much faster. Is twice a week really that bad? Is only one better? Does anyone have any oppinions on how I should split up my work outs so that I can get the gains i desire?

calli said:
Soon to be starting my first cycle of sust and var. Now I know that this is prob an endless debate but the fact remains i still do not know what my ruitine make up is going to be for my cycle. The legs are the prime focus of my cycle. I'd also like to add a little bit up top for the ladies too. But, like i said my goal is to get my legs as strong as humanly possible. How often is too often to lift? Many studies say once a week, beat the hell out of one body part a week and your good. I presently lift 2 days a week for the different body parts, splitting it up of course, but i'm not using gear. Now I know that you still need to rest and repair on gear, but I can repair now and gain size and strength and I'm on no gear--and on gear I'm sure you repair that much faster. Is twice a week really that bad? Is only one better? Does anyone have any oppinions on how I should split up my work outs so that I can get the gains i desire?

I don't have an exact answer for you. You will definetely feel the difference on how sore you get and how long you stay sore. So your body is recuperating faster. You will also notice that your stamina will increase. On cycle, I did increase the number of workouts slightly but not much. Instead it was more of an increase in intensity and duration.

buckwheat1 said:
I don't have an exact answer for you. You will definetely feel the difference on how sore you get and how long you stay sore. So your body is recuperating faster. You will also notice that your stamina will increase. On cycle, I did increase the number of workouts slightly but not much. Instead it was more of an increase in intensity and duration.

Presently I am lifting twice a week. Should I continue to lift twice a week, only increase the intensity of it?

Do all muscles once a week and prioritize your legs by training them twice per week. You can do this by doing one heavy day and one light day or one low rep day and one high rep day.

regards

Don't be fooled by the gear. You can still overtrain. Stick with a good solid workout and your gains will come becuase of the gear. You do not need to get crazy with the workouts. You will be able to add some weight and you will not be as sore but don't let that fool you. Do not overtrain. Your gains will suffer if you do.

Cornobbled said:
Don't be fooled by the gear. You can still overtrain. Stick with a good solid workout and your gains will come becuase of the gear. You do not need to get crazy with the workouts. You will be able to add some weight and you will not be as sore but don't let that fool you. Do not overtrain. Your gains will suffer if you do.

do you agree that one day a week of beating the hell out of a muscle group is sufficient to obtain the highest of gains?

calli said:
do you agree that one day a week of beating the hell out of a muscle group is sufficient to obtain the highest of gains?

Yes. I typically give a good solid workout to each muscle group once a week. A solid workout does not mean pushing yourself to the point where you almost hurt yourself each time. One week is plenty of time to recover and as long as you eat and sleep right you should be good to go. The exception for me is abs. I work them EOD. Just because I have a little to much fat that I am burning off in that area. Good luck to you bro.

Cornobbled said:
Yes. I typically give a good solid workout to each muscle group once a week. A solid workout does not mean pushing yourself to the point where you almost hurt yourself each time. One week is plenty of time to recover and as long as you eat and sleep right you should be good to go. The exception for me is abs. I work them EOD. Just because I have a little to much fat that I am burning off in that area. Good luck to you bro.

When you work your abs do you work them with more sit-ups and crunches, or do you use machines and weights? What I'm saying is I like to include a little bit of both. Would I be able to do this a few days a week?

calli said:
When you work your abs do you work them with more sit-ups and crunches, or do you use machines and weights? What I'm saying is I like to include a little bit of both. Would I be able to do this a few days a week?

For me abs are the exception. I have never had a problem overtraining my abs. I have a gym in my house so I just use it for my ab workout. I use an incline bench and do crunches with a 45 pound plate on my chest. It is not ideal but it works.

Top Bottom