Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how much HGH to take & for how long?

ed2005 said:
Lil Tex DO NOT use your GH at night! At 29 your own pituitary will be releasing normal amounts of natty GH and you'll be shutting that down. I also have to agree that unless you plan on running for 6 months you are losing out on optimising your investment. You may well see some initial results within the first week but others can take 3 months to strike it lucky..You really should use growth for a few months and then kick in your AAS cycle..
Cheers
Ed
I have yet to see any study proving how long exogenous gh supresses endogenous production of gh. Therefor to say that gh is better taken in the morning simply because it wont surpress your natural gh is not really a viable justification.

Outtlaw said:
I have yet to see any study proving how long exogenous gh supresses endogenous production of gh. Therefor to say that gh is better taken in the morning simply because it wont surpress your natural gh is not really a viable justification.

Doesn't GH have a relatively short half life?Even an older person produces some at night during the first few hours of sleep. It seems to make intuitive sense that if you take it just before you go to sleep it will suppress your own natural production but if you take right when you wake up in the morning it will be out of your system by the time you go to bed at night so in a sense you'll be getting two shots of HGH instead of just the one at night.

I think the reason it is recommended by the manufactors to take it before you go to sleep is that it is intended for those that don't produce any or not enough of their own and not as an addition to your own production.

mt said:
Doesn't GH have a relatively short half life?Even an older person produces some at night during the first few hours of sleep. It seems to make intuitive sense that if you take it just before you go to sleep it will suppress your own natural production but if you take right when you wake up in the morning it will be out of your system by the time you go to bed at night so in a sense you'll be getting two shots of HGH instead of just the one at night.

I think the reason it is recommended by the manufactors to take it before you go to sleep is that it is intended for those that don't produce any or not enough of their own and not as an addition to your own production.
True, but I've seen things that say gh will supress natural production for up to 24hrs. So until I see a study proving how long the supression last, Im not willing to back peoples claims that say supression last only for a few hrs.

And if supression did last for up to 24hrs, then it wouldnt make a difference if you took it in the AM or not, cause your nightly release of gh would still be supressed.

Ulter said:
I've used Serostim and I get it at Walgreen's so I'm pretty sure it's good.
Where do I get the information? From 20 years of experience and talking to 2 or 3 thousand people using it every year. Last year I answered 16,000 steroids related questions and have so much more practical experience than your HRT doc that it's ridiculous. Even his dosing schedule is wrong.
He told you "it's about keeping your blood levels optimum" did he? Well let him know the rGH doesn't last long enough to develop constant blood levels.

Serostim is dosed as 18iu/day in their kit. So the average GH deficient AIDS person uses EIGHTEEN iu/day. Studies on children with gh deficiencies are done with 6iu/day. In most medical research they use .125 to .250iu/kg per week to replace deficient gh. If you weigh 90kg that's 1.6iu/day to 3.2iu/day. So your 2iu/day would fall right inbetween. So you're taking the amount researchers give someone in order to replace what their body doesn't make by itself.

GH should be used when you get up in the morning.

AMEN AMEN AMEN
Took the words out of my mouth. The benefit for people age 30 who intend to take 2iu ED is mute. Anti aging doctors usually recommend something like 1iu ED. The reason why GH is bashed so much as being useless, is because it is relatively useless for bodybuilders (though some benefits still exist) at dosages of 2iu. I personally go with 15-20IU EOD.

Outtlaw said:
I wouldnt be so quick to say that HIV/AIDS patients have a gh deficiency, as from what I've read this has not been proven. There is the idea that they can become somewhat resistant, but I wouldnt classify AIDS patients in the same group as gh deficient kids.
I wouldn't be so quick to quote me as saying that HIV/AIDS patients have a gh deficiency. Because that's not what my post says. It refers to AIDS patients that DO have a GH deficiency. Which follows the reasoning that this is the approved use for serostim.

Ulter said:
I wouldn't be so quick to quote me as saying that HIV/AIDS patients have a gh deficiency. Because that's not what my post says. It refers to AIDS patients that DO have a GH deficiency. Which follows the reasoning that this is the approved use for serostim.
OK, maybe I misinterpreted your post. It sounded like you were saying that all aids patients were gh deficient. But gh use is also approved for wasting (maybe not by serostim). And you dont have to have a gh deficiency to have body wasting.

Outtlaw said:
True, but I've seen things that say gh will supress natural production for up to 24hrs. So until I see a study proving how long the supression last, Im not willing to back peoples claims that say supression last only for a few hrs.

And if supression did last for up to 24hrs, then it wouldnt make a difference if you took it in the AM or not, cause your nightly release of gh would still be supressed.

Well, there have been studies that show a spike in HGH when a certain level of physical exertion is preformed, such as high intensity exercises that also includes things like sprints and the like -- not just weight training. Also, about ten years ago I had to take some kind of insulin test or something where they injected insulin into my veins and then when I was about to pass out (I actually did pass out) they would then inject dextrose into another vein. One of the things that was shown was there was a definite spike in HGH levels when my blood sugar was low. So, assuming I had a good nights sleep, which I did, and produced normal levels of GH (no reason to assume I didn't), then this would prove that a production of HGH eight hours before my test had no "suppressive" effect on my own HGH production. And if a GH surge (such as during sleep) would produce a suppressive effect for 24 hours then it would not be possible to have any other kind of GH spike during the day or during high intensity exercise. Remember, just like testosterone, your body doesn't know where the hormone is coming from. Whether it's from your pituitary or from an insulin pin it's all the same as far as your body is concerned. This was explained to me by my endocrinologist in regard to testosterone and he said that it also applied to HGH.

A gland is a gland and hormones are hormones. A gland will only produce the amount of hormone neccessary to maintain your body, whatever that amount is for that individual. Regardless if it is testosterone or GH or anything else for that matter. Once you supplement your own natural supply the gland will adjust the amount of hormone to cater for the extra uptake in your body, in other words stop producing. The body will always try to achieve an equalibrium and maintain balance. I will research in work tommorow to see if I can come up with some studies for you Outlaw but the theory alone makes perfect sense and besides why would anyone wish to risk their own natural supply, regardless.

mt said:
Well, there have been studies that show a spike in HGH when a certain level of physical exertion is preformed, such as high intensity exercises that also includes things like sprints and the like -- not just weight training. Also, about ten years ago I had to take some kind of insulin test or something where they injected insulin into my veins and then when I was about to pass out (I actually did pass out) they would then inject dextrose into another vein. One of the things that was shown was there was a definite spike in HGH levels when my blood sugar was low. So, assuming I had a good nights sleep, which I did, and produced normal levels of GH (no reason to assume I didn't), then this would prove that a production of HGH eight hours before my test had no "suppressive" effect on my own HGH production. And if a GH surge (such as during sleep) would produce a suppressive effect for 24 hours then it would not be possible to have any other kind of GH spike during the day or during high intensity exercise. Remember, just like testosterone, your body doesn't know where the hormone is coming from. Whether it's from your pituitary or from an insulin pin it's all the same as far as your body is concerned. This was explained to me by my endocrinologist in regard to testosterone and he said that it also applied to HGH.
Problem is the reports I've seen show conflicting information. The one consistent thing is that exo gh is shown to cause supression. For how long is the question. What your natural spikes show dont have a lot of merit for me because normally when people use gh, they're getting a spike much higher than the natural gh spike.

ed2005 said:
I will research in work tommorow to see if I can come up with some studies for you Outlaw but the theory alone makes perfect sense and besides why would anyone wish to risk their own natural supply, regardless.
I agree, but if supression last for 24hrs after gh administration, then it wouldnt matter when you took it. And from my personal experience, and others as well, it makes no difference in results as to when you take the gh.

Top Bottom