Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much do steroids enhance athletic performance ?

gpten

Just a question for some research on doing - This drugs been the center of attention lately with the recent steroid scandal in baseball.

So how much of a difference do you guy's think it would make in an athlete's performance, namely a ballplayer ?

well...eq sure helps me with fighting...ill tell you that much...as far as baseball...obviously if you are bigger and stronger it is easier to knock the ball out of the park...no?

it depends which sport you're in. EQ helps with some sports for endurance, but the typical bulking drugs wouldn't be as beneficial in those sports because too much weight will slow you down. In other sports it is desireable to be as huge as possible and the water retention actually helps with performance. So, it really depends on the sport.

I'll tell you one thing, IT DOES NOT MAKE YOU SUPERHUMAN, like the media would have you believe. Yes it does help, to an extent, but it does not make someone who has no talent become an amazing athlete. It an athlete does not have the talent or ability, steroids are not a wonder drug that is going to give them that talent or ability.

Cauliflower Ear said:
well...eq sure helps me with fighting...ill tell you that much...as far as baseball...obviously if you are bigger and stronger it is easier to knock the ball out of the park...no?

Ummm, could the stuff increase fast-twitch muscle-fibers - Which has a lot to do with batspeed, and ofcourse, pitching.

Steroids make you bigger and stronger. If what you are lacking is size and strength than AAS will be a huge help. If you're lacking coordination, technique, and/or "talent" than AAS won't be much of a boost at all.

Probably a huge point is the recovery factor as well....

A comment they've made about comparing baseball players today w/ those of the past (e.g. breaking Babe Ruth's record) -- they play many more games / year these days --- that is a situation where the recovery factor would definitely be an asset.

CrazyK said:
Steroids make you bigger and stronger. If what you are lacking is size and strength than AAS will be a huge help. If you're lacking coordination, technique, and/or "talent" than AAS won't be much of a boost at all.

Do steroids build you muscle WITHOUT putting hardwork into it ?

Sassy69 said:
Probably a huge point is the recovery factor as well....

A comment they've made about comparing baseball players today w/ those of the past (e.g. breaking Babe Ruth's record) -- they play many more games / year these days --- that is a situation where the recovery factor would definitely be an asset.

That could actually be very beneficial for pitchers, especially relief pitchers.

There's no short answer to this question. There are way too many variables to say just what exactly they do for any given individual. Many factors such as genetics, diet, and discipline play an equal role as the performance enhancing substances that are used. In many caes the drugs are used to compensate for shortcoming in these other areas.

A lot of people think that if all roids were removed from athletics, the same guy would still be at the top of their game. I have to disagree. Different people respond to drugs differently, so it's impossible to tell just how much of their performance is enhanced as opposed to god given talent/genetics.

I know a lot of guys that use tons of drugs-yet they barely look like they even workout. Consequently I know guys that use small amounts of drugs and they look incredible.

Top Bottom