Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much difference does last minute contest prep help?

gorillahung

When you hit that last week and dehydrate yourself and cut back on sodium, how much does that really help? I'm trying to get a feel for what I'd look like on stage if I prep right. Does losing water weight help abs? That's my weak spot. I know when I had a colonoscopy recently that the prep for that really made my stomach look better. Has anyone used laxatives as part of their contest prep? It sure made my stomach look flatter from losing all the matter inside my bowels but it was not a pleasant experience. It also caused a lot of fluid loss.

Last week peak week strategies might give you an additional 5%.

Generally speaking, what you look like at 1 week out is what you are going to look like on stage.

People often try this absolutely ridiculous peak week protocols but do nothing but back fire and ruin their entire look.

There is no magic. Dehydrating yourself won't give you abs. It'll just make you more vascular and dry.

While it doesn't make a huge difference, it can be the difference between winning and losing. This is why competitors do it.

It makes a big difference, especially if you are a person who naturally retains water.

But then again, if you are not ready 1 week out, you wont be ready even with the most extreme diuretic protocols.

It makes a big difference, especially if you are a person who naturally retains water.

But then again, if you are not ready 1 week out, you wont be ready even with the most extreme diuretic protocols.

I don't plan on using diuretics but I did learn unintentionally that a standard colonoscopy prep made a decent difference in my physique in one day. It's not fun but the laxative they gave me shed a lot of water and emptied my bowels giving my stomach a better appearance , LOL. Funny though I've never heard of bodybuilders using laxatives the day before a contest.

Ive used laxatives just for personal instances and some times they can still make you run to the bathroom a couple days later.. imagine that happening on stage šŸ˜‚ or when your flexing and have an accident

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom