Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many of you have known any long term alcoholics that suffered health damage or did not suffer health damage?

The only long term alcoholic I ever knew of was one of my father's brothers - I met him twice, both around the holidays at my parent's home where he sat in a chair and drank out of a vodka bottle he brought with him.

He was dead before I was 12.

I know he had a stoke and liver cancer but I don't recall what killed him that day.

GoldenDelicious said:
i know shitloads of them, some are in their 70s and still doing fine. smell bad tho

I think this is the case more often than not. When I was young, I always heard excessive drinking will kill you, but I think that's only if one has poor genetics and other bad habits. Some people can drink like a fish for 50 years and still live into their 80's. I was surprised to learn this.. Kind of like the medical community saying that steroid use will kill everyone.... Still risky behavior though.

My Dad died of untreated alcoholism at the age of 66. He was in denial up to the very end. Such a waste.

Alcohol will kill.

My father in law is a drunk, but he's been sober for 15 years now.Once a drunk, always a drunk though. He started drinking when he was 20 and stopped when he was 60!

Health issues? All stomach related!!!

Hengst said:
My Dad died of untreated alcoholism at the age of 66. He was in denial up to the very end. Such a waste.

Alcohol will kill.

Liver disease?

Re: How many of you have known any long term alcoholics that suffered health damage o

The Old Vet said:
I think the drunk bastards can and do live longer because they are in better shape than the average 50-60 year old.

Smacking up women and running from the cops is strenuous physical activity. It can have beneficial effects on longevity. Perhaps this counteracts the negative effects of a fifth of Bacardi 151 every day. :heart:

I think the fork is more dangerous than the bottle.

You can only escape complications of obesity for so long. :RADAR

I had 3 friends all under the age of 45 that all are dead from alcoholism releated illnesses, one died this week. Uncle died after years of abuse. If you haven't totaled your liver/ heart, the body will do alot to repair it's self.

As a person who counciled drug addicts and alcoholics for 2 years, there is alot of ways to die other than cirrosis and an overdose, gunshots and car wrecks are two of the most common, your just as dead.

I have 8 years clean and sober as of Oct. 3rd after 30 years of "fun"....

Re: How many of you have known any long term alcoholics that suffered health damage o

PICK3 said:
I think the fork is more dangerous than the bottle.
most people dig their own grave with a fork

Top Bottom