Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How man Mg of Iron do I need a day?

JoNeS

I wanted to know how many Mg of iron I should consume a day. RDA says 8 Mg, but i don't know if i need more because i train hard.

just wanna know if i should get the multi-vitamin with or w/o iron. Is too much bad for ya?

I've never really bothered with iron supplementation, just don't see the need. I eat about 24lbs of meats a week though. Is too much bad for you? Sure if you have hemochromatosis, but otherwise you should eliminate any excess on your own...

If you're a male and not on a starvation diet there is no need to supplement iron. As a matter of fact you may be intaking too much iron if on a typical bodybuilding diet.

IHateCrunches said:
Your supposed to have 18g of iron in a 2,000 cal diet. I am anemic so i should know

Yup-correct...i'm also severely anemic and having to do as much as 150mg daily to maintain.

RADAR

RADAR said:

Yup-correct...i'm also severely anemic and having to do as much as 150mg daily to maintain.

RADAR
Radar: you take iron pills? they make me smell liek shit.. well my farts. I usually take 36mg a day just cause i am on around a 4,000 cal diet. It helps me stay awake and shit too... i get very tired when i dont take the iron pills. Pumping iron and taking iron keep me nice

It's more common for women to have problems with getting enough iron, but you can have it checked by blood test. I take 25mg sup every day....

Actually, iron is not secreted in the urine so taking too much for too long can be toxic. And if you juice, (especially if you use EQ) your RBC will be high anyway and too much can cause a stroke. Having said that, without sufficient iron, you'll never be as strong as you should. Also, ferrous sulfate (the type in most vit/min pills) is a lousy source. Taking desicatted liver is a good natural source.

Using a little supplemental iron as insurence is a good idea, but not every day. It should be "cycled."

Top Bottom