Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How long until Accutane kicks in?

_Yossarian_

Just started accutane at 40mg twice a day. Wondering how long before I start seeing the effects(or side effects ie dry skin, lips, etc)

That's the same dosage I did when I took Acutane 12 years ago. I ran it for 4 months and I was cleared for good, never had a problem since. I peeled off most of my scar tissue as welI. It looks as if I've never had acne.

Withn a few days of starting Acutane, you'll notice your face will be quite red and very dry. A few days later(at the one week point), you'll start to peel. I know you don't want to hear this, but your complexion will actually become worse before it becomes better. The worst part of it for me was the 2nd and 3rd month... I wear a uniform at work, and I couldn't put my peak-hat or my berret on w/o being in excessive pain. By the last month of the treatment, I was looking much better. Acutane is a fat soluable substance... so it will remain in your system for a while when you discontinue the drug. You'll still have the sides of dry/red/peeling skin for a least a month afterwards. Although it won't be nearly as severe as it was when you were on it.

Last edited:
I was on accutane last year at 80mg/ed for 5 months. After about 3 or 4 weeks I started getting very dry. It gets to the point where your skin just won't produce oil. The worst part was the dry chapped lips. They were split and bleeding for months. No amount of lip moisturizer helped. In the end it was worth it. Its just a tough few months to go through.

Are you self-medicating? Be careful, Accutane will elevate cholesterol levels sky high in some people.

That having been said, expect it to get worse before it starts getting better. Any Dermatologist will tell you this.

genarr3 said:
Are you self-medicating? Be careful, Accutane will elevate cholesterol levels sky high in some people.

That having been said, expect it to get worse before it starts getting better. Any Dermatologist will tell you this.

I got the script from my dermatologist, after trying all sorts of antibiotics. I get blood drawn once a month for four months. I dont think Id fuck with it without doctor supervision, plus its ten times cheaper than black market.

yep. i agree w/ all above. i did a few courses at 40 mg 2 X/day for 5 mos. same sides as above and did not significantly clear until month 4. good stuff though!

hi
iam on Accutain 80mg this is my 2 month i was wondering if it's ok to use milk thisle with it .....and iam going to do a cycle in about a month including A-50 deca test and some fina what do you guys think....thank you

Lift or Die said:
I was on accutane last year at 80mg/ed for 5 months. After about 3 or 4 weeks I started getting very dry. It gets to the point where your skin just won't produce oil. The worst part was the dry chapped lips. They were split and bleeding for months. No amount of lip moisturizer helped. In the end it was worth it. Its just a tough few months to go through.

FUCK YOU PUSSY.

Top Bottom