Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how long for liver/kidneys/cholesterol/test to return to normal

It will depend on many variables including but not limited to - 1) previous history (hepatitis, rhabdomyolysis, drug use and abuse), 2) what you do to aid the liver now (N-Acetyl Cysteine - NAC, calcium D glucurate - CDG) 3) what enzyme level lab tests they are using, and 4) degree of liver injury you have sustained

In slightly more depth :
4) If you have merely irritated the liver it might clear up quickly, if you have caused hepatic necrosis (cell death) and cirrhosis you might have some elevation the rest of your life regardless. You CANNOT determine the degree of liver injury based on the ALT (SGPT) or AST (SGOT) levels. A person with sgot of 600 does not necessarily have twice the amount of liver injury of someone with an SGOT of 300.

3) If they are simply using AST and ALT and you are causing significant muscle trauma with training the levels might stay elevated as long as you train since these enzymes can elevate simply from really really strenuous exercise. Ex. I did weighted pull ups with 90 LBs on Saturday. On the second rep I felt a sharp tear in my lat insertion near the armpit. By the 6th rep I felt frank pain. On Monday I had a hematoma (purple bruise) about 2-3 inches wide and about 6 inches long near the armpit indicating a fairly significant muscle tear - no doubt my AST and ALT would be elevated if tested.

If they are doing alkaline phosphatase, PTT and GGT, which more accurately pin down the liver as the source of enzyme elevation, and you have no significant past medical history - then the enzyme levels will drop most likely within 10 weeks.

2) If you are taking 1000-2000 mg NAC and 500-1000 mg CDG then the levels might drop within days even if you are continuing to take drugs that can cause enzyme elevation. NAC is used orally in the ER at 140 mg/kg to treat liver necrosis (death) due to tylenol and it works fast.

1) A previous history of hepatitis might result in elevated enzyme levels the rest of your life. Did you have elevated enzyme levels before your recent test? Any risk of exposure to hep B or Hep C? Any history of rhabdomyolysis etc.

I know you would like someone to tell you 14 days 3 hours and 27 minutes, but it involves several variables. However most people with elevated enzyme levels due to drug/alcohol use find their levels return to normal within 12 weeks once they discontinue the substance.

Thats based on my limited knowledge. Take it with a grain of salt. I have not looked at all that many people with exogenously elevated liver enzymes - under 500 people I am sure. So I am no real expert, although I am probably more familiar with it than most people here. The more I learn the more I find I don't know shit.

Top Bottom