Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How long does Hernia surgery take you out for?

If you first start to think you have one its best to not do normal straining lifts, instead keep it light. Def see a doc because they can twist and your in for a world of shit. They have two methods of repair one being traditional slice with stiches and staples in which you will be out for a month and half or so. Or the other in which its robotic minor holes and recovery is about 1 week. youd still want to take it easy and start light. Once youve gotten one you can tear it again easily esp if you try to hit the gym back as hard as you did before. Letting it go is only putting you at risk for more time out of the gym and bigger medical bills.

if its an inguinal hernia you will be out of lifting for a long time. Other sites are much less complicated but typically recovery to heavy lefting is slow.
The lap surgery is not the best option, it is a very poor choice for hernias. I did extensive research on this myself when I thought I had one. Cant remember where I found the various studies of post op pain, and return to excercise etc. But I do remember Id decided the Hernia Institute of south fla was probably the best bet to get it done, they use the small incision and mesh method (do research on meshes used to be sure you are receiving the best kind). Plenty of people fly to the hernia institute to get theirs done. If its too far away look for a specialized hernia place near you as they do far more hernia surgerys than a regular doc and generally do a much better job.

I am having hernia surgery as well, next week.. Mine is an incisinal heria located right behind my belly button. I originally had laproscopic surgery to remove a section of my intestines due to reoccurring diverticultis..My doc told me to wait 6 weeks before I start training, which I did, and I still wound up with this hernia. When I asked him how soon I can start training, he once again told me six weeks. Everyone else I talked to and all the research I have done says wait 3 to 6 months. I am a competitive powerlifter so this is really hampering things. I thought I was doing the right thing with the original surgery but I think if Iknew how suseptible I was going to be to hernias, I might have tried to put it off a few years..SJ

I think I may have a hernia and I have been doing some reasearching and saw that you have to get surgery to remove it. How long will the surgery prevent me from being in the gym for. Im not to worried about doing things like deadlifts for a while but I mean bench,curls, calf and ab work...... And if I was mid cycle could I just stay on to maintain gains???? Im getting real worried about it because I want to be able to lift. But im at a low bf % so my hernia is easily noticable and very unatractive (even thought its small) . I wish I knew how to post some pics up to show you guys but I don't know how.... ( I have a digi and took some)

Karma to helpers!

you could be back lifting with in 10 days , depends on the procedure your doctors uses!! I had inguinal hernia surgery last year and it was a breeze in the park ,mine was done in miami @ some hernia institute , the doctor told me the new procedure they use which guarantees 100 % succesfull recovery which allows you to be back to normal life with 10 days.

this is the latest regarding hernia surgeries
****Prolene Hernia System****** miami hernia institute..

Amy other powerlifters or strongman trainers that had hernia surgery..If so how long were you out of the game for and what did you do do recover and start training again..Thank you..SJ

Top Bottom