Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How long to adjust to new body weight

Grainger

My lower back is still bothering me and the only thing that I can attribute it to is weight gain. My back is not injured but it gets tired washing the dishes, getting ready for work etc. (Going shopping is out of the question unless I can lean on a cart!)

I have done two cycles in the past 7 months and I have gained 35 -40 lbs. It seems like any time I get over 190 (Im 5'5) my weight becomes a problem. (To give you an idea of my "frame", Sr. year in high school I was 117 - 122 lbs.)

The thing is I STILL WANT TO GROW. I am working on getting more cut right now...so hopefully that will help.

Anyone have this problem or know how long it takes for the body to adjust to new weight. Fat people must live in HELL!!!

Well fat people do not have the same problem we have as body builders. They carry their fat in their waste and ass. We carry ours in our chest,shoulders and arms, which is much harder on the lower back.

What helps me the most is getting face down on the (hell I cant think of the name of the machine) but anyway doing raises - going as far down as possible and getting a good stretch and coming back up parrallel with the ground.

One other thing you might want to think about. The lower back pain could be caused by the kidneys. Up your water to a couple a gallons a day and see if that helps also.

nautica

I had a severe knee injury about 3 years ago and gained 60lbs. You never get used to the added weight unless it's muscle. Fat
is counterproductive to any activity.

Fat people actually have quite a bit of problems with their lower backs, especially if they have been fat for a long period of time and are pretty big... The lower portion of their spine begins to curve forward because of their gut and they begin to (without noticing even) compensate by leaning back with their upper body, making it worse and causing a load of problems... (Saw it on some medical show late one night when I was bored)..

YUM

I thought about kidneys too but the pain is very dull and feels more like a pump / tight feeling in the muscles. I would think that kidney pain would be constant and what I got only occurs after I do something stupid like vacuming my house. But if I sit down for 3-5 minutes.....it goes away.

I still workout with 405 on squats....I just go from the rack to a chair.

I will try the stretchs....

I don't do anything for lower back...maybe that is a problem? I do deadlifts from time to time (although not as much anymore) and I squat freebar once a week.

thanks for the feedback guys.

Hyper extensions do help me a little, but I still get pains on deadlft and squat days... even with a belt. I went from 155 to 195 during the cycle I am on that is almost over... my shins hurt when I walk for any mediocre distance too... must just be too much weight too fast.

Try stretching out before you workout. I know you dont want to hear this but sometimes when I come off a cycle I take a week off because I get sore in some areas as well

Top Bottom