Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do you get your physique symmetrical.

Machiavellian Muscle

Plat Hero
Platinum
My weak points I have been training harder, but they just don't seem to respond as well. The other muscles respond better and grow quicker. So how do I go about getting a more symmetrical physique. Do I stop training certain body parts to get them smaller because the weaker part will never catch up. How do you guys work on symmetry?

I think this is best put on the training boards.

Are you training these body parts differently? There could be a number of factors.

1. Do you use the same theory on every muscle when you train?
2. Do you train any body part with higher motivation then another? (as in you are more excited to train that part so you push it harder)
3. Do you give those lacking body parts enough time to rest?
4. Do you change your tempo when it comes to training them.

Answer these and you will probably figure out why they are that way. Once that is done you can start thinking about how to fix it.

I think everyone has lagging body parts, even pros. But in my opinion, a lot of it is genetics. Take a big, noticable body part like quads. Some bros can build huge quads and some can't. You will see this clearly in every state level show you go to. BB'rs with better genetics tend to be more complete & symetrical, able to develop full, rounded, defined muscle bellies.

So how do you attack lagging body parts? A lot of the articles in the muscle mags have pros saying they do an extra this or that to further stimulate them. I'm skeptical on that one. If the extra volume could stimulate quick growth, wouldn't you be doing that same volume on all body parts?? Maybe if you underworked strong bodyparts and properly worked lagging parts you could catch up, but, who does that?? No one. So, I think its a slow process of fully recognizing what your weak parts are and making damn sure your optimizing your training to make sure they have every opportunity to catch up. And over-time they should even out more (although probably not completely, "perfect symetry" is extremely rare, not achievable for most and largely subjective anyway).

Top Bottom